Page 1 of 2
^ applies for most of us
Quote by will123456789

and mate: ure the first 08er to make me laugh kudos

Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Turn it off and on again.

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
I've had a hooker die once. I love getting free stuff.
i used to practice insane amounts of time... literally from the moment i woke up until i slept, just doing scales and exercises, cover songs, writing originals... i'd say maybe about 5 hours a day. now I'm kind of lazy and at a skill level where I am happy with my abilities, so maybe just run through scales as a warm up for 5mins, then jam on my own or band rehearsal for 3hrs.
Sometimes I'm really in the mood and I might play 3 or 4 hours in a day. Other times maybe only a few minutes. Usually around an hour and a half though
Always at least an hour and 30 min. I make sure of this
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
About an hour. That involves 30 minutes of scales, ten minutes of learning a new song, and twenty minutes just playing whatever and writing stuff.
I really should practive more.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
At least one hour a day during the week. On weekends at least 2 hours a day, sometimes 3 hours.
3-4 a day average in the week. As much as all day but a minimum of six hours on weekends.
I will forgo my social life to become better.
6 - 7 hours minimum.

Yesterday I was practicing from 4:00 pm to 1:30 AM. I try to get as much as I can.
When I was living in the dorms it was five hours or so a day minimum, starting off with scales I was unfamiliar with, on an electric with .10 strings and the practice session would end with playing and singing songs on my acoustic with .13s, and acoustic chromatics to the metronome for 30-45 minutes before bed.

Now I'm not practicing, and its shows.
1 to 4 hours maybe.....i never did count :P
Quote by guitarlord28
I thought your avatar was slowpoke
I go to school 5 days a week and work a part-time job. I wish I had more time to play but I just don't. Between school, work, and my girlfriend, It's very tough to find time but on the weekend I play til' I bleed! before College I was playing three hours minimum, maybe more.
Now it's an hour a day, thru the week, and as much as possible on the weekend. As far as seven hours minimum... I wouldn't shoot for that, I have a life outside of my music. Plus I think thats a lie! If you really do stay that busy playing you probaly wouldn't have time to have a job or a girlfriend... Or be on threads on UG!
Quote by Hadeed
i used to practice insane amounts of time... literally from the moment i woke up until i slept, just doing scales and exercises, cover songs, writing originals... i'd say maybe about 5 hours a day. now I'm kind of lazy and at a skill level where I am happy with my abilities, so maybe just run through scales as a warm up for 5mins, then jam on my own or band rehearsal for 3hrs.

i wish i did this LOL

about 1/2 hour to 2 hours a day
Nowhere near as much as I used to
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by The ZenOfShred
6 - 7 hours minimum.

Yesterday I was practicing from 4:00 pm to 1:30 AM. I try to get as much as I can.

Do you have no job?
No school?
You have too much time on your hands. More so than is realistic, in fact. And you'll never be any good if you're tired.
Nor will your life be particularly pleasant if the neighbors hear you shredding or whatever at 1:00 AM. D:
How do you get all your time?
Before I got a job, and started school it was 10-14 hours, depending on the day. Watching movies alone in my bedroom.. Yeah, that's it. No friends.
i play almost everyday for at least 30 minutes non-stop
but i think more than that, professional lessons help a lot.

check out my songs on my website. this is the result.
At least an hour per day.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
I tend to pick up my guitars when in the mood rather than having a practice regime. More often than not I guess from the sum of its parts this equates to about 1-2 hours a day.

Some of the greats had proper 8 hours a day regimes. Of course, that's ok if a) you have that kind of time and b) you don't get sick of it!
Quote by The ZenOfShred
6 - 7 hours minimum.

I'd kill myself if I practised that much. No offence though.

Maybe a hour at the very max.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Since i've been doing music at college i've been playing guitar a lot more. I used to only really get to play for a few hours on weekends/days off beforehand. now i play much of the day every day, it's like it's all i do.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Rock Pig
Do you have no job?
No school?
You have too much time on your hands. More so than is realistic, in fact. And you'll never be any good if you're tired.
Nor will your life be particularly pleasant if the neighbors hear you shredding or whatever at 1:00 AM. D:
How do you get all your time?

In fact, I do go to school and have a job. I finish school at 3:15 and I work on Monday and Thursday and sometimes Saturday. When the weekend hits I get up around 10:00AM and start playing till 12:00PM - 1:00AM if I don't have plans for the day. I'm never really tired when I play guitar. Play actually wakes me up and actually keeps me on my feet. You might think that I'm antisocial because of this but I'm not. I go to the movies with friends, have a job, go to school, and I'm a very social person.

The secret that keeps me focused is the enjoyment of the instrument and music. Lets just say I got the zen of balance.
during the week, due to school i only get about an hour in, over the weekends about 2-3 depending on how busy i am.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
About an hour, someitmes more, sometimes less, on weekdays due to school. Around 2 hours on the weekends but i can vary greatly. Once finals are over i'm gonna kick up the hours.
i can tell some of these people are lieing
on topic though on average an hour maybe two
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
if im not out or jackin off I'm practicing...
but seriously
usually about 3 hours.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Page 1 of 2