After about two months of searching for the right amp for me I finally found it. A peavey 5150 halfstack locally for a steal of a price. Only 800!!!! Snatched it up with the quickness.

My review of the amp can be summed up in one word. DAAAAAAMN. I knew these things were good but not to the extent of this one. The low end on this thing even with the stock sheffields is amazing. It has a really nice "lamb of god" tone even through my sg with the 57 pickups, which are "lacking". Needless to say the 57's are getting the boot and hopefully being replaced with emgs. Anywho enough of me babling and to the pron!

Its so friggin big!

Missing a few knobs but i can cope, chicken heads are like 2 bucks

my sg with its new life partner : )

will post clips of it in a couple hours
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
If you run EMG's through that amp I will kill you, put the guitar and amp out of it's misery then take your couch.
^

anyways, yah, no emgs. but either blackouts or some other SD pups in, or some dimarzios.
and your underwear looks like a bathing suit. just letting you know
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
ive run emgs through this amp and it sounds incredible, the 57s cant handle all the gain. also ive played invaders and they are super muddy
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by CoffeeCup
p.s.

TELL MOMMY TO CLEAN YOUR ROOM BEFORE YOU POST IT ON THE INTERNET.

kthxbai

Dude, who CARES? His Mommy might not clean his room like yours does.

Happy NAD!!!
Ahhhh, I like NAD's.

I prefer your guitar though The blue on it is stunning.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
That's far to pretty of a guitar to put EMG's in. Just get some hot covered passives.

Anyways, sweet amp! But why did the mid knob, out of all the knobs there, have to be missing?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
That's far to pretty of a guitar to put EMG's in. Just get some hot covered passives.

Anyways, sweet amp! But why did the mid knob, out of all the knobs there, have to be missing?

yea i found it pretty funny and releiving that it was only the mid knob that was missing
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by CoffeeCup

You tell him not to put Emg's in but you recommend him Invader's and Dimebucker's?

If you don't want EMG's but want actives, check out the Seymour Duncan Livewire or Blackout.

A JB and Jazz would go well with that amp too.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Lucky! I'm jealous...

And I could give a **** less how my room looked if I had that sitting in it
Quote by Necrophagist777
You tell him not to put Emg's in but you recommend him Invader's and Dimebucker's?

If you don't want EMG's but want actives, check out the Seymour Duncan Livewire or Blackout.

A JB and Jazz would go well with that amp too.

yea im checkin out the blackouts and im likeing what im hearing, there cheaper than emgs too.....
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by BigRob91
yea im checkin out the blackouts and im likeing what im hearing, there cheaper than emgs too.....

They're good, but check out the livewire's. They're pretty much an active version of a JB/Jazz set and the chrome would look sexy on your guitar. They're what dave mustaine has on all his guitars. This guys review of them pretty much sums it up:

"So, if you want the clarity and punch of active pickups but don't want the sterility and compression of EMGs, than look no further than these pups. Seymour just gave all those passive-pickup tone junkies the best of both worlds."

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-Livewire-Dave-Mustaine-Active-Pickup-Set?sku=360506&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26023752

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
They're good, but check out the livewire's. They're pretty much an active version of a JB/Jazz set and the chrome would look sexy on your guitar. They're what dave mustaine has on all his guitars. This guys review of them pretty much sums it up:

"So, if you want the clarity and punch of active pickups but don't want the sterility and compression of EMGs, than look no further than these pups. Seymour just gave all those passive-pickup tone junkies the best of both worlds."

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-Livewire-Dave-Mustaine-Active-Pickup-Set?sku=360506&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26023752

actives and chrome covering, i hate dave mustain but these might do the trick
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by BigRob91
actives and chrome covering, i hate dave mustain but these might do the trick

you hate dave mustaine Give me my reccomendation back

hear is an example of the pickups:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFyo16u-b2k

Not the best audio quality though, but the guys playing is decent enough.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Congrats
That's a damn steal for the amp and cab, and I really dig the finish on your gibson
having some trouble with my camera, clips will have to be put on hold until further notice
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Hey congratulations on the amp

I have to agree with others though, get those EMG's out! I have 81/85's in my schecter hellraiser and they just suck the tone from my Laney
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
yea I'm probably going to get livewires
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
im more astonished by your sg than the amp. i been trying to find one but with no success. how much did you paid for that guitar
800 bucks
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
YAY! your in SC too!! and yay for amp!!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
my GOD!! that is THE SG that i've always dreamed of having!!! ... i want one just like that so bad...same color and everything....
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
my GOD!! that is THE SG that i've always dreamed of having!!! ... i want one just like that so bad...same color and everything....

yea its beautiful, glad i decided not to trade it
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab