I have a wire that goes into my guitar then into my computer but I only record, so how can I just play with my sound coming out of the speakers?
get one of those adaptors so you can plug your guitar jack from your guitar into the microphone (usually pink) hole. and it should work. That is assuming you have recording software
A guitarport. 69 bucks plugs in your usb. Plug your guitar into it. Has tons of amp models and all the fx possible.
he has one of those d'oh ...he said he can record ....just do like this (for windows xp ) : control panel - sounds and audio devices - on the Volume tab in the device volume click advanced and check if the line in connector ( or microphone - depends in what hole you have your guitar plugged in ) has volume , and deselect mute (d'oh) ....
Quote by Body-M
now does anyone know where I can find a distortion freeware ?

best bet is to just pay 69 bucks for the guitar port and have tons of distortion amps.
:| ahhhh i tried the thing with the volume and when i play my guitar which is connected up it doesnt play :/

and i am using xp :/
Quote by worton
:| ahhhh i tried the thing with the volume and when i play my guitar which is connected up it doesnt play :/

and i am using xp :/

It's pretty easy man you just go to your sound options and fix it and you have to be playing through something. Open up a program that accepts the mic input and just play.
Quote by hcsn2008
It's pretty easy man you just go to your sound options and fix it and you have to be playing through something. Open up a program that accepts the mic input and just play.

thanks alot you rock - literally