So I've decided on these four guitars....what do yo think?

1) Jackson custom shop Rhoads model that will basicly be Randy's exact model and specs.

2) Gibson Les Paul of some sort

3) Yngwie Malmsteen signature stratocaster

4) PRS custom 24

I'd be playing through a peavy 5150 II amp head and I play anywhere from blues and jazz to hard rock and metal.
Thanks!
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
If you play that wide a range of stuff, I'd go with the custom 24. It can do pretty much any style so you can't go wrong.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
There is actually another guitar that I would consider. I just got an email about it. It's a Gibson Les Paul with a Floyd Rose in it. It's called the Les Paul Axcess. I don't know if you're open to suggestions or if you've already decided on one of the four, but it seems like it fits into that price range, and would suit your style of playing perfectly.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
I would have to say the PRS. It can do amazing cleans and jazzy leads To great metal distortion.
I really like the axcess, but Im not a big fan on FR's......my friend has a custom 24 and It plays great, but randy rhoads is a humongous influence on me plus I love that style guitar......Im not sure. I'll still think about it
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
My god, you picked an apple, an orange, a papaya, and a cantaloupe. All of these guitars have a VERY different feel, so I would say play each one and go with what feels the best. My opinion... the PRS will be the easiest to play, then the Jackson, then the Les Paul, and the Yngwie Strat the most difficult to play. That being said, I would choose either the Strat or Les Paul (depending on which one). Once you get the feel of either of those, you'll have some serious tone and vibe.

I will say this. That Yngwie Strat has a very unique feel, because of the "scalloped" frets. At first, it seems like you have to press really hard to get your notes out of those frets. But, the opposite is true. You actually need to have a very light touch with that guitar. However, it takes some time to get it. Once you do, though...man you can fly on that thing.
Definitely the PRS
best choice, I have one...and you can play anything on it and it does them all great
Man, you must have posted this just as a Paul Reed Smith convention let out. lol Good guitar, but I'm not so sure it's a open and shut case.
PRS ftw!

no but seriously i would consider all of those except the Sig Strat.

tough decision man

don't forget the malmsteen sig will have a scalloped fingerboard
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by metalgirl0
I'd go with PRS, amazing guitars.

And they look awesome too.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

option 1 or 4
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
i dont wanna thread hijack but are there major differences between PRS customs with a tremolo bar and without it? tonewise? and does the fat neck compare to the 50's les paul neck?
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
IMHO...

1) PRS.
2) Jackson.
3) Les Paul.
4) Malmsteen Strat.
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
Jackson.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Non-subjectively it's gotta be the PRS. I own none of them and have no preference..I'm a 335 man.

The jackson will NOT suit for anything other than hard-rock and metal. Jazz and blues are out the window..unless you want to get laughed out of the venue.

There's wrong with les paul's, but metal on one just isn't right if you ask me.

Not the strat. Not the malmsteen one anyway. Scalloped frets will have the same effect as the jackson to any respectable jazz or blues player. Look at non-signature strats. They're cheaper and not associated with someone, so you don't get pigeon-holed as a player before you've even picked the guitar up.

The prs, while not being the perfect guitar for any of those genres (really..) it will do them all very well. They come with the ability to coil tap stock, so you can cover a huge amount of tonal ground. The stock pickups are superb. Heard one through a jcm2000 half stack a week or two ago and was blown away (even comparing it to nice gibsons, american fenders, a jem7v and an ESP M-II with emg's). It really did take a big dump all over all of them.

The PRS will look acceptable in all circumstances too, even if its a bit flashy to the average blues man .
PRS hands down. I play as wide a range as you do, mine handles them all really well.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal