Just like the title, ive been playing for about a year and a few months now and I started off with a cheap starting guitar, Vintage VS6 I think....but basically im planning to buy a new guitar. Problem is, and why am asking for help here, I dont actually know much about what makes a good guitar.

I have a Roland 30x Cube amp and I play alot of modern metal and rock through the amp's own distortion, I ver rarely play anything different so im looking for a guitar with a reputation for being good for metal music as i'll only really be playing with distortion on, the problem is my budget is very tight, I can spend between £200-£350 tops and ive had one guitar in mind so far which is the ESP LTD MH 250 NT, this one:

Linky

But any suggestions of other guitars or this one, or advice and tips wil be very much appreciated
You seem to know what your looking for. Look into Ibanez and LTD, you can what you want from these companys. IMO LTD offer the best guitars for the price and come EMG loaded. Good luck.
Save a few more and buy a Jackson RR3. I have one and my amp is a Cube, so you can trust me.
i almost bought the MH250NT then I played the EX-260 and it was much nicer - try it out

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
ESP LTD, you could probably afford one of the 200 series. They are really awesome quality my friend has a Viper FM-200 and I have a Powerstrat FM-200. They are really quality guitars, the details on it are superb to an ibanez in it's priceclass.
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
Thanks for the help!

Yeah I have looked into a Schecter Omen 6 before I shoudl have mentioned that I was thinking of one of those as well, I looked up all of your suggestions and the Ibanez SAS-36 FM SquierLolz linked is a beaut, had a look at some vids and it sounds good! I think i'll have to decide between that and the Schecter.

Again thanks for the help!
Quote by Pezza8809
Thanks for the help!

Yeah I have looked into a Schecter Omen 6 before I shoudl have mentioned that I was thinking of one of those as well, I looked up all of your suggestions and the Ibanez SAS-36 FM SquierLolz linked is a beaut, had a look at some vids and it sounds good! I think i'll have to decide between that and the Schecter.

Again thanks for the help!

i've played the SAS a few times and it's ace

Basicly decide this :
-do you want a thin neck or a thick neck

if you want a thin neck go with the ibanez if you want a thick one go with schecter
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I do prefer thicker necks so I think the Schecter Omen 6 will be prefered, thanks again
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/77802

BC Rich Warbeast Standard, about the best deal for a guitar as your gonna find, if you want a neck through, look at the WMD Warbeast, AWESOME guitar but i diddn`t see it listed on that site also the....

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75253

BC Rich Mocking bird ST, just alil bit over your buget though but you should really look into it
^slayer fan eeh

he chose the schecter allready

it's perfect for him
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Thanks for the suggestions Slayerdeath, I dont think I could get the first one without crapping my pants each time I looked at it:P But yeah Im pretty set on an Omen, this one to be precise

http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_omen_6_extreme_bch.htm

If theres anything wrong with this guitar anything at all let me know, every detail is helpful

I'll give it a good think further, cheers in advance!
that schecter looks really nice, but i know basswood is used on cheaper guitars, so it`s not really the best wood but other then that it looks good. bass wood is really light and i find doesn`t sustain as well as a heavyer wood does.
Yeah my friend told me basswood isnt that good either so thats kinda putting me off of it, ive found quite a cheap ESP LTD here which is as good as I can find for my price range

http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_ltd_h251_stbk.htm

So yeah, same thing again:P Anything bad about it that you guys can tell me?
There's nothing wrong with basswood. It's a neutral sounding wood. Plus, the wood has a very small impact on the sound of the guitar, especially when you're using EMGs. EMGs sound the same on everything. Even if the cleans sounded a little different on a basswood guitar vs. something else, with gain you'd never know the difference.
So the sustain will be the same? I like good long sustain and apparently basswood doesnt give you it so thats what was putting me off, so the EMG's will keep the sustain?