If you could get a home amp for a reasonable price but not too cheap, that has the best sound quality for say, rock/alternative/anything like that, what would it be and why? Basically something that sounds great, without that annoying buzz (i know this can also be caused by cables or your guitar itself)

Edit: Lets make the price range 1k-$2k
Last edited by dcvlehr at Dec 5, 2008,
Ok what is a "reasonable price but not to cheap"? Because that can mean a lot of different things.

I mean, there are a lot of small boutique amps that are a few thousand dollars yet they are exactly what some people need, so in that sense, they are "reasonably priced." But I guess if you're talking about something below $1000 range, the Vox AC15 is an ok amp.
My favorite amp to use at home is my Crate V18-212 and I got it for $199. Not sure what you mean by reasonable....if your reasonable is say $1000....then I could think of a couple other amps I'd rather have at home.
Orange Tiny Terror: £300 plus a cab
Quote by tubetime86

Nothing compliments a Gibson Les Paul Custom quite like a Fender Frontman 15R

Quote by Stearner
Orange Tiny Terror: £300 plus a cab

Stop stealing my ideas!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Ceriatonel 18w combo
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Depends what you mean by a reasonable price. My Cornford Carrera was about £950, but I think it's worh every penny I paid.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Your going to get a whole lot of mixed opinions on this one from small ss to tube halfstack. Just take a few hours out of your time and go test out some amps at your local stores.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Your going to get a whole lot of mixed opinions on this one from small ss to tube halfstack. Just take a few hours out of your time and go test out some amps at your local stores.

I am statinoed overseas on japan atm. No local stores anywhere near me with any sort of selection to base a good opinion off of. So i am looking here for ideas for when i get back state side. I basically wants something just for home purposes. No ned for gigging, but i want the best quality i can get in that price range to get the rock sound using probably a digitech FX or something like that. Maybe run it through a POD so i can record it on my comp.
Since I've been pimping it out lately, I'll say a 20watt Hughes and Kettner Statesman.

It's still a very loud, and you won't get it much past 2 - 4 on the volume unless you take it out for gigging.

It's more of a vintage voicing than a modern one, but you can still actually get a pretty good modern sound out of the drive channel. Great clean channel that works really well with OD pedals too.
ENGL Screamer 50W
it's meant to sound great at low volumes and is only 1x12 so very easy to transport to take round a friends or w/e
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12