I wanna get some stuff for my bass for Christmas. It is between:
A compressor (recommendations plz)
Ibanez SB-7 Bass Synth (if you can recommend a more versatile one in that price range, please do.
A cheap multi-effects.
EDIT: I play metal, have a 15w combo. Need versatility, and quite cheap things. £150 or less.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

boss ME20B? if my crap BP head translation is right, you can get that for 150BP, it has some solid sounds.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I'd go for the Ibanez...most MFX pedals sound horrible on bass, usually with only 2-3 usable effects. The Ibanez is all-analog, which means that you really won't find a better one without spending 2-3 times its price, much less one that's an autowah too.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
I'd go for the Ibanez...most MFX pedals sound horrible on bass, usually with only 2-3 usable effects. The Ibanez is all-analog, which means that you really won't find a better one without spending 2-3 times its price, much less one that's an autowah too.

Thanks mate. I really like the idea of just playing a synth.

Ibanez SR506BM
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

If you want a synth, go for the Digitech Bass Synth Wah. One of the best synths under £100 IMO.
You can't comment on gear until you have tried it!
^ the Ibanez is better, IMO...it's not digital. No tracking errors, ever, and chords are possible.
Nope, no sig here.
All I would say not to go with is a compressor. With an amp of that size, you are unlikely to be able to tell the difference that well executed compression makes. You'd most likely either get no effect or far too much.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Mutant Corn
^ the Ibanez is better, IMO...it's not digital. No tracking errors, ever, and chords are possible.

The octave on the Digitech BSW is one of the best ever in a pedal. I'm not kidding, go and try one - have you tried one?
You can't comment on gear until you have tried it!
Quote by gm jack
All I would say not to go with is a compressor. With an amp of that size, you are unlikely to be able to tell the difference that well executed compression makes. You'd most likely either get no effect or far too much.

Really? Thanks for that, you saved me £30+

Ibanez SR506BM
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by m4l666
Really? Thanks for that, you saved me £30+

Unless you have absolutely no control over your dynamics, compressors are more often used for quite subtle tonal changes, and helping to even you out a bit when playing aggressive style like slap. It can help stop you overloading your amp with volume spikes.

With an amp that size (and presumably of not fantastic tonal properties) a compressor will not be of massive use. You won't benefit from the subtle changes in tone one can bring, and you probably won't be using the amp live, hence no use of it for purely live application to stop you killing the sound guy if you change to slap and the house PA suddenly has to take massive bass spikes.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1