I was driving to school today when I was changing lanes from one lane of the highway to the lane I needed to be in. No one was letting me over after I had let several in, had my blinker on, etc. I was getting a little frustrated but I wasn't trying to force it because I still had plenty of distance before I needed to switch. So I turn my head to check my blind spot for a second and all of a sudden, the cars in front of me start to slow down and stop. I didn't react fast enough but my first reaction was "whoa, getting a little close, slow down" then a second later "SLAM ON THE BRAKES YOU ARE GOING TO HIT !" but it was too late. So I rear ended the girl in front of me. She was driving an '09 Carolla and I drive an '03 Buick Century.

The damage wasn't too bad, my bumper has a 6 inch crack or so but I am not too worried. It is just a little cosmetic damage. My bumper has a lot of scratches on it anyway (it was grandmas car). I am not worried about MY car but hers. She didn't have any cracks but a few small scratches. However, there was a gap between her taillight and her bumper. This gap went all the way around the half of her car. My question is, it doesn't look like a crack but rather the bumper just came off. Like, it looked like it just needed to be snapped back in. Is this possible? I didn't take any pictures of it but I want to know if this is something that new cars do rather, unmount rather than dent. I didn't hit her hard, hell my car had barely any damage.

I should also mention that I almost 17 with no tickets or previous accidents. The car insurance is under my dad's name too. My car insurance now is about 100 bucks a month, about what can I expect the increase to be?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Fail.

Oh, and.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
I was driving to school today when I was changing lanes from one lane of the highway to the lane I needed to be in. No one was letting me over after I had let several in, had my blinker on, etc. I was getting a little frustrated but I wasn't trying to force it because I still had plenty of distance before I needed to switch. So I turn my head to check my blind spot for a second and all of a sudden, the cars in front of me start to slow down and stop. I didn't react fast enough but my first reaction was "whoa, getting a little close, slow down" then a second later "SLAM ON THE BRAKES YOU ARE GOING TO HIT !" but it was too late. So I rear ended the girl in front of me. She was driving an '09 Carolla and I drive an '03 Buick Century.

The damage wasn't too bad, my bumper has a 6 inch crack or so but I am not too worried. It is just a little cosmetic damage. My bumper has a lot of scratches on it anyway (it was grandmas car). I am not worried about MY car but hers. She didn't have any cracks but a few small scratches. However, there was a gap between her taillight and her bumper. This gap went all the way around the half of her car. My question is, it doesn't look like a crack but rather the bumper just came off. Like, it looked like it just needed to be snapped back in. Is this possible? I didn't take any pictures of it but I want to know if this is something that new cars do rather, unmount rather than dent. I didn't hit her hard, hell my car had barely any damage.

I should also mention that I almost 17 with no tickets or previous accidents. The car insurance is under my dad's name too. My car insurance now is about 100 bucks a month, about what can I expect the increase to be?

Lol.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by Wigert
Fail.

Oh, and.

Lol.

the maturity level of the pit never ceases to amaze me...
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

New cars have crumple zones, probably why it was damaged in the way you describe.

If you were in the UK your insurance would sky rocket, but being in the US I have no idea. It'll go up though.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
It probably depends on the car, although I'd assume that something that was holding the bumper on must have broken for it to come off, so more than likely she's going to need a new bumper, courtesy of your insurance
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Most 'bumpers' are actually plastic covers that just push-clip or bolt onto the car...shouldn't be too difficult to fix. Thats why u have insurance...I hope =)
i did pretty much the same thing except i had braked at the top of a snowy hill and when the antilocks kicked in i kept sliding...i have a truck though so i ended up cracking the girls bumper.

insurance went up $50 a month and you may or may not get points on your license (i didnt cause we never had to take it to court). we tend to get shafted by the insurance company cause we're younger. being your 16, its basically automatically your fault in the eyes of insurance. your rates are automatically higher just for being a single male under 21. shi t sucks
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Quote by eyebanez333
Most 'bumpers' are actually plastic covers that just push-clip or bolt onto the car...shouldn't be too difficult to fix. Thats why u have insurance...I hope =)

yea, thats what I was wondering. If there was no damage to the bumper, just a few scratches, it should be something that they can just "re-mount", correct?
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Don't tell her your insurance info, run away from there, and fix your car.

No increase in insurance pay.

Viola.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

Once bumpers suffer a big impact they need to be replaced. Think of it like a condom, or bulletproof vest. Both of you need new bumpers.
don't go through your insurance company to fix it. that sounds like it is cheap enough to take care of it privately. tell the chick to meet you at some body shop and talk to the guys there.

by the sounds of it, it would be cheaper than what you would have to pay for a deductible on your insurance...which is sweet unless the chick notifies the insurance company before you do something about it.

HURRY!
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
Quote by Wigert
Don't tell her your insurance info, run away from there, and fix your car.

No increase in insurance pay.

Viola.

haha, then get found, charged with failing to report an accident and leaving the scene and spend xmas day being fingered by a man named Jebb
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
yea, thats what I was wondering. If there was no damage to the bumper, just a few scratches, it should be something that they can just "re-mount", correct?

Yeah in most cases. When somebody rear-ended my car I just had to buy a new plastic rear bumper cover for a couple hundred bucks. Just depends on the car and how much damage was done.
Quote by Wigert
Fail.

Oh, and.

Lol.

wow, you are a ****ing loser
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
Quote by burgurhead1812
being your 16, its basically automatically your fault in the eyes of insurance

No, if you hit into the back of another driver it is ALWAYS your fault in the eyes of both the law and insurance.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult
No, if you hit into the back of another driver it is ALWAYS your fault in the eyes of both the law and insurance.

Yeah, it's not his fault for being 16. It's his fault because of what he did. Did you read the story?
Quote by KwikKopy
Yeah, it's not his fault for being 16. It's his fault because of what he did. Did you read the story?

What?

Yakult is right, it's always the car that goes into the back of somone's fault.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
What?

Yakult is right, it's always the car that goes into the back of somone's fault.

Right. This is what i meant:

...That's why it's his fault.

It is not always your fault if you rear end someone. What if you're driving down the road, and someone turns right on a red into your lane right in front of you?
You should watch and see what the cars in front of you are doing. They just don't stop on the highway out of the blue, how'd you miss the huge ass line of traffic building up in front of you?
Ah well, can't be as bad as my mate who went out driving with his dad (learner see) and ended up flipping has car, rolling it twice, blacking out and having to kick the window through to get out...

Lost his phone too!
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
I didn't react fast enough but my first reaction was "whoa, getting a little close, slow down" then a second later "SLAM ON THE BRAKES YOU ARE GOING TO HIT !" but it was too late. So I rear ended the girl in front of me. She was driving an '09 Carolla and I drive an '03 Buick Century.

This could be a good way to break the ice....after you slam into the back of her, get out of your car...walk up to her and ask her if she want to go grab a drink....