Page 1 of 2
epiphone sg prophecy with dirty fingers humbuckers, just got it a month ago and kept it in perfect condition. they go for 650$ at guitar center but im selling it for 400$ because i really want to get a les paul. let me know if your interested and ill send pics
Guys, DO NOT buy from firsttoknow. I received a Les Paul Custom that I bought from him about a week ago today and it was in horrible condition even though it was described as in excelent condition. The neck was snapped clean in half at the nut and it was poorly patched. The treble/rhythm switch was also broken. So please DO NOT deal with him untill this issue is resolved since it is likely that you will be ripped off as well.
Quote by vinny a
Guys, DO NOT buy from firsttoknow. I received a Les Paul Custom that I bought from him about a week ago today and it was in horrible condition even though it was described as in excelent condition. The neck was snapped clean in half at the nut and it was poorly patched. The treble/rhythm switch was also broken. So please DO NOT deal with him untill this issue is resolved since it is likely that you will be ripped off as well.

dude, give him negative feedback. wait...this isnt ebay. HA your screwed
Quote by seankellyultgtr

i dont know why, but i cant edit my first comment thing...

anyways, firsttoknow your thread is dead now. id say take it to craigslist or ebay, but this site will never buy off you cause of vinny a
Quote by vinny a

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=987037

doooo it!
Quote by seankellyultgtr

Nah I'm not screwed. I have many ways of recourse especially since I paid through paypal, and I have many other options as well. I'm only reporting him as a bad trader if he doesnt make it right. If he makes it right then I will recommend people resume buying and selling with him. But at the moment I dont want anyone getting screwed like I did.
Quote by vinny a

its sad that your acting like this when it was damaged in shipping and im giving you a refund...seriously...you ever hear of talking about things before you get mad over nothing? im the one whos gonna lose money since i have to pay you to ship it back to me
Quote by firsttoknow
its sad that your acting like this when it was damaged in shipping and im giving you a refund...seriously...you ever hear of talking about things before you get mad over nothing? im the one whos gonna lose money since i have to pay you to ship it back to me

Bro this was clearly not damaged in shipping. But since it is being taken care of I was just coming to say that everything is fine.

You cant honestly say that this:
http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r39/vinny_a/broken%20les%20paul/?action=view&current=DSC01053.jpg

was damaged in shipping when it was shipped in a hard case. If you genuinely think this was caused from damage in shipping then lets make a claim with UPS if you got it insured. We both win in that situation.
ok, so i am now reporting this guy for abuse. he is a liar. i guarantee the guitar isnt cracked since i shipped it out really secure. also, here is my original post:

"im selling a used epiphone les paul custom (alpine white) with a hard shell case for $300 (plus shipping, unless you can pick up)

here are some pics, let me know if your interested"

and i sent him several pics. yet he is lying and saying that i said it was in "excellent condition" when i never said so. i have several pics as proof the guitar was not in the condition he says its in unless he did something. so this guy is the real hustler. he obviously just changed his mind about the guitar and now wants me to pay him back plus shipping to make up for his mistake. ive sold on ultimate guitar as well as ebay many times and never had a problem like this before.
that pic you just showed doesnt show any cracks. it shows a not so good paintjob that was used to cover up who knows what. i dont know, because i bought this guitar used. which is why i SOLD it used. you shouldve asked what the flaws were because i did not say it was in perfect or ever great condition. again...the sg im selling is brand new and doesnt have ANY flaws whatsoever
that neck looks pretty brutal, usually when there's something that obviously wrong with it you'd mention it in the ad.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
honestly if it means that much to him id take it back, but im not required to. but after threatening me and turning this into a big deal, im not going to pay for the shipping. this couldve been easy but hes making it hard
Wait dude that is obviously a crack and not a bad paint job. No pics you sent me pictured anything of the sort. Heres the deal, I dont think any member will say this is just a paint defect damaged in shipping. I can see gorilla glue on the nut. Here are more pics of the supposed paint defect:

I think that everyone will agree with me that its not paint damage and its obviously broken.
Look dude I was just trying to prevent other buyers from dealing with this. Once I receive my money back it will be all good.
yea well your the one who is making up lies, im not. so if you want a refund you can send me the guitar first because i dont trust you
Dude what lies am I making up? There is no lie in my story. If you refuse to refund my money I will file a paypal dispute. The evidence in my favor is overwhelming. I'm afraid you cant say the same.
you lied about me saying it was in "excellent condition" when all i said was it was used. go ahead and file a complaint, the way this works is YOU paid for the guitar and then i sent it, now you want a refund so YOU send the guitar back and i send the refund. thats how it works dude like it or not.

go ahead and be wary to deal with me, all your doing is missing out on a deal. i told him it was used, and it was. im saying this sg is brand new, and it is. like i said ill just sell on ebay since this asshole had to make a big deal instead of doing is private
Alright dude Ive called you 4 times now and 4 times you have rejected my call. All I'm trying to do is call you so we can work this out. I will admit that I was mistaken in you saying it was in excelent condition. I also should not have posted here about it. All I'm trying to do at this point is get my money back however I will not ship the guitar first. A cracked neck is a serious thing and you honestly cant tell me that you thought it was just a paint blemish. I'm not an idiot so dont try and play me like one.
Quote by vinny a
Alright dude Ive called you 4 times now and 4 times you have rejected my call. All I'm trying to do is call you so we can work this out. I will admit that I was mistaken in you saying it was in excelent condition. I also should not have posted here about it. All I'm trying to do at this point is get my money back however I will not ship the guitar first. A cracked neck is a serious thing and you honestly cant tell me that you thought it was just a paint blemish. I'm not an idiot so dont try and play me like one.

Vinny A, I'm on yourside, I actually remember that sale, as I drooled over the white and gold LP custom and contemplated sinking the cash. I recall his did a lot through PM's and E-mail, rather than on the thread itself, I prefer things out in the open on sale threads.

So, to First To Know, I'm curious, the Prophecy, it's the Dirty Fingers model, set neck, correct? Care to post pics for all to see? What is the specific condition of the guitar and willing to go any lower on the price? $400 seems a bit steep for a used Epi SG.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by Thomme
Vinny A, I'm on yourside, I actually remember that sale, as I drooled over the white and gold LP custom and contemplated sinking the cash. I recall his did a lot through PM's and E-mail, rather than on the thread itself, I prefer things out in the open on sale threads.

So, to First To Know, I'm curious, the Prophecy, it's the Dirty Fingers model, set neck, correct? Care to post pics for all to see? What is the specific condition of the guitar and willing to go any lower on the price? $400 seems a bit steep for a used Epi SG.

he said it was new *look below*
Quote by firsttoknow
you lied about me saying it was in "excellent condition" when all i said was it was used. go ahead and file a complaint, the way this works is YOU paid for the guitar and then i sent it, now you want a refund so YOU send the guitar back and i send the refund. thats how it works dude like it or not.

go ahead and be wary to deal with me, all your doing is missing out on a deal. i told him it was used, and it was. im saying this sg is brand new, and it is. like i said ill just sell on ebay since this asshole had to make a big deal instead of doing is private

so 400 seem fair, but i am also on vinny a's side... although the sg does sound sexy
Man that sucks Vinny, I hope you were able to get something back from this guy, who is clearly a scammer.
Page 1 of 2