Found a used tele I like but it's a Mexican one, so I think it's alder... it weighed a ton, easily twice as much as a walnut Traben bass I picked up. Do the ash models weigh any less? Also, I really like the natural finish... can you sand the paint off of the alder models?
when it comes to weight I am unsure, though you can sand the paint off of any guitar... whether there will be any quality in the grain of the wood, no one knows
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
theres 2 different ashes both are more harder but i believe lighter
Here lies a problem that most guitar players face in this day of internet tab and short attention spans — they don't know how to express themselves.

-Nick Layton
Hard Ash (sometimes called rock ash by dim people) can be a little bit heavier than alder, around 15-20% heavier usually.

Lite Ash/Swamp Ash are around the same weight as alder.

All types of ash have a slightly brighter tone than alder (hard ash is the brightest sounding, lite ash/swamp ash can sound almost exactly the same as alder but is usually a tiny bit brighter-toned). Also because of the nature of how all wood is, don't expect it to be precise or always like this, it's quite possible to get a piece of hard ash that weighs less than a certain piece of alder.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.