I think... that you should try as many strats out as you can.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I think the roadhouse would be good. The Texas Specials give you an SRV-type sound, and the humbucker should be good for more classic rock rhythm and crunchy stuff.
there single coils lol^^ but eh on the SRV, i honestly dont like him much, but well mostly i dont like his tone from his amp, but that obviously an easy fix haha, and to one blackened, i cant, i have no wehere to try it
I mean other strats. If you like the way they sound then you're in good shape.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you don't like the twang and bite but still want some bright attack you should get either a Fat Strat or a P90 guitar. Strats are still pretty biting.

I don't like the twang either. You can't spell "twang" without "wang."
Quote by oneblackened
I mean other strats. If you like the way they sound then you're in good shape.

o allright, i dont really want a humbucker for it, i really did want just all single coil, cus i have an epi g400 custom that is soon going to have seymour pups in it and obviously that all humbucker so i wanted soemthin a bit more single coily stratty sound haha

Quote by Rock Pig
If you don't like the twang and bite but still want some bright attack you should get either a Fat Strat or a P90 guitar. Strats are still pretty biting.

I don't like the twang either. You can't spell "twang" without "wang."

i really like the strat sound, i know theyre still biting but not obviously as much as the tele, and eh on the p 90s, i realy dont like much single coils unless theyre strats or strat like guitars, i also didnt want the fat strat
P-90's are somewhere in between single coils and humbuckers. I like them a lot for blues/classic rock and some hard rock.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
P-90's are somewhere in between single coils and humbuckers. I like them a lot for blues/classic rock and some hard rock.

ya, i looked into some guitars that would be good with p90s but none of them fit my budget or really worked for me, the only one i found that i really like was the 56 gold top les paul, but i didnt want the epi, and the gibson is obviously 2000 dollars over hwat it should be lol
Quote by stratdud39
go try a bunchh of strats out, see which you like best
roadhouse is still a great choice though

lol, dammit how many times do i have to say it haha..... i cant try any out, the closest pplace that sells fenders around me is guitar center that is an hour and a half away

but like why would the roadhousse be a better choice than say a standard