So basically, when I play for example, the first chord of Back in Black, no matter how hard I push the strings, it buzzes pretty hard (the guitar, not the amp). I'm also having this issue when I play like a note on the 1st to the 6th fret on the 3 lowest strings. It sounds like the strings are touching a fret bar or something

Open strings don't buzz. Will lifting the bridge a bit be enough in this case?

Cheers
Because its a standard LP.

Sry, dunno whats causing your problem. I had bunchs of prblems with the EPI pauls in my area. I know they're great, but for some reason, everyone i try in my area sucks, so i don't know.

Go to samash or guitarcenter to get it fixed
Quote by ginjaninja
Raise the action.

Have you recently changed strings?

No, the guitar is only 3 days old.
its probably a combination on neck angle and bridge height. It never hurts to go get a setup from a local luthier, especially if you just got the guitar.
- Is it audibale trough the amp?
- If not, never mind every guitar has this
- If it does, raise the saddles and see if that helps
- If that doesn't get it set-up
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
- Is it audibale trough the amp?
- If not, never mind every guitar has this
- If it does, raise the saddles and see if that helps
- If that doesn't get it set-up

I don't put my amp very loud (I'm at home) and yes, it's pretty audible. Guess I'll take it to my local guitar store, since I don't want to mess up my guitar.
see the screws on the bridge (the thing that the strings touch) on the body on the very outside? turn them left a little bit with the strings loosened. This is something that every guitarist should be able to do.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Epi isnt known for their great QC work. They throw em together and send em out. So it could be the nut, could be the actions to low, could be the frets. Take it to a shop and see what they say. But dont surprised if they say the frets arent level the nuts in crooked or the neck angle isnt right.
The truss rod could need work, otherwise i've heard that epiphone les pauls have rather high frets so you could get the frets done so that you could have lower action without all the buzz.
A proper set up by a professional is probably in order either way
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag