Hi guys, I'm getting either Fender American Standard HSS Stratocaster OR Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS for $100 from my fathers friend. He's giving selling me one for that much because his son doesn't play. Anyways whats the difference between those two guitars :S. I know that the colors are different but whats so different? I mean which one is better? I play any kind of music but not heavy rock/trash metal kinds. Thanks guys
buy both
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
Get the deluxe.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I need like a reason tho? Anyone knows why the deluxe is more expensive in the list price? I mean is there any difference?
because it's got better stuff. I think locking tuners, LSR rolling nut, noiseless single coils, and S-1 switching.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
So is this like comparing epi g-310 and epi g-400? But its Fender MIA Standard and Fender MIA Deluxe?
Pretty much, get the deluxe.
If there's an option at any point in life to get a deluxe anything over a standard for the same price, get the deluxe. They don't call things deluxe cuz they're worse than the standard.

Better pickups, better body, better nut, locking tuners, amazing quality neck, better case, straplocks, comes with polish and a cloth. Honestly, you get a lot for a $200 price different, worth retail value
you sir, are one lucky sob.

I'd play them both and see which one I like better, but if you have to pick in the dark go deluxe
As much as I love my Standard, I'd get a Deluxe.

I played a used one in a store... it was 700 bucks, but I wasn't allowed to get it at that time. It was used, but man it played nicely.

Standard is good too, though.
Quote by Boing Boing
Hi guys, I'm getting either Fender American Standard HSS Stratocaster OR Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS for $100 from my fathers friend. He's giving selling me one for that much because his son doesn't play. Anyways whats the difference between those two guitars :S. I know that the colors are different but whats so different? I mean which one is better? I play any kind of music but not heavy rock/trash metal kinds. Thanks guys

Oh my god. You are the luckiest person ever.
I'm a person.
I like the Standard, but just try out both. Either way, you've got a massive bargain right there.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Well I just came back from my fathers friends house. He invited our family over and his son is 16. I asked him why he dosnt play guitar and he said that he does. Just that he has Ibanez Steve Vai. Well, I played both standard and deluxe and got the deluxe. Man the guitar is sweet . The son (ben) said that I didnt need to pay his dad so I got it for free XP. Lol Im so lucky. Thanks for the help guys.
Quote by Boing Boing
Well I just came back from my fathers friends house. He invited our family over and his son is 16. I asked him why he dosnt play guitar and he said that he does. Just that he has Ibanez Steve Vai. Well, I played both standard and deluxe and got the deluxe. Man the guitar is sweet . The son (ben) said that I didnt need to pay his dad so I got it for free XP. Lol Im so lucky. Thanks for the help guys.

You lucky. You'd better give us pics.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by Boing Boing

can i haz ph0r £5 plzz?

I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.