Thanks for you interest in this thread, and hopefully, you can help me!

I had this idea, and its probably been done before, but I'd like to one day do this.

Is there a way to put LED lights of some sort into the inlays of your guitar, or the side dots?

I play in a a lot of darkplaces, and while glow in the dark tape can be used, I want something that looks cool, and is very helpful =]

The LED's would probably be either white or blue, with a contrasting color on the 12th fret...I'd draw a diagram, but I don't have a proper program for it, and my mouse seems to hate me at the moment, so paint is out of the question. I'll post up my though on the wiring though.

Thanks!

-Kai

P.S. If anyone has a Kaoss pad guitar, I'd love to trade for it. really bad.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
i know you can buy specially made ones
but i cant find the site
but it sounds like a good idea to do
no idea how you'd go about it though

but good luck
yeah but if your not building a neck you are going to hafta rip a fretboard off one
It's called the Aurora Project . I found them when I was looking for a different pickguard. Not only do they have LED fret inlays, but they also have custom pickguards, with designs, or even with a light around it. I would get the pickguard, but it's a little too pricey. They also sell premade guitars/basses with the inlays already put in.
searchbar, this has been done wayyy to many times.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
^ Well, im sorry, i didn't know that.

Thanks for the site, I think I might just try to wire a few inside of the guitars body, around the pickups with color changing capabilities...
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
http://chellee.com/site/Gallery/Gallery.html the black and green one, my old gutiar teachers guitar, and i met the man who did this, excellent stuff. you could prob shoot him an email and ask him how he did it
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
if you want to do it along the side of the neck route a cavity all the way along the top of the neck and make a cover for it with holes in the cover for the LEDs, then all the wires can run underneath the cover all the way up to the end of the fretboard and under the pickguard to resistors and batterys and what not
Quote by guitarcam123
if you want to do it along the side of the neck route a cavity all the way along the top of the neck and make a cover for it with holes in the cover for the LEDs, then all the wires can run underneath the cover all the way up to the end of the fretboard and under the pickguard to resistors and batterys and what not

This guy speaks the truth. 9v battery, 330 ohm resistors, loads of (3 or 5 mm) LEDs, lots of wire, something to channel out the side of the neck, make a cover (or wood filler and paint over), make a battery compartment, wire it up, put in battery and it should work.

Wanna do the fret markers? Good luck. I'm currently trying with my build and it's looking really odd. Read my build next Monday and you'll see how to do it (very badly).
Quote by Micehorns
This guy speaks the truth. 9v battery, 330 ohm resistors, loads of (3 or 5 mm) LEDs, lots of wire, something to channel out the side of the neck, make a cover (or wood filler and paint over), make a battery compartment, wire it up, put in battery and it should work.

Wanna do the fret markers? Good luck. I'm currently trying with my build and it's looking really odd. Read my build next Monday and you'll see how to do it (very badly).

=] I'll be sure to! And I just know it'll turn out right ^^

hopefully it'll work....

And thanks guitarcam123 =D
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Gibshall
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x137/Koenbus/Fretledsscheme.png

diagram

edit: if this is what your looking for that is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxTA144ryBU

scroll to end for led demo

this dude isn't the world's best best player but a pretty kick-ass guitar

Sweet god, that's pretty cool, I never woulda thought about that.

Maybe, I'll do the string lights on the custom, and the fretlights on the Talman...
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Thats what I was thinking about doing.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK