Okay so tomorrow I'm totally siked, I'm supposed to be getting this Line 6 Spider III amp, Line 6 Spider lll amp and I want to get extra guitar strings too, because two of them broke in the same day and one of those two broke 2 weeks after replacing it, so last time I bought guitar strings, I bought Guitar Boomers Guitar Boomer Strings because I heard they lasted long and they had good tone from reading the reviews, but I also heard Ernie Ball is good as well, but Ernie Ball has like 15 different types of guitar strings and I do not what they mean, like slinky, heavy bottom, coated slinky, I'm like wtf, I just want regular guitar strings that are for an electric guitar. So what should I get, put links in there so I can see the brand and price please. Guitar Boomers are pretty good from what I have experienced so far except the one that broke in 2 weeks but who knows maybe I'll was hitting the string too hard or I didn't brake it in correctly, if there is a correct way to do it. Please help me, I appreciate it.
you really want that amp?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Why not? its cheap and good. I can't spend like even 200 dollars because I do not have it and I already got a laptop for christmas as well, plus anything is better than the amp I got now, fricken cheap Fender starcaster amp that comes with the guitar from target.
You're right.. It is better than the Fender 15w amp, but are you sure you don't want to save up for something even better? You just have to delay your gratification a little bit.
Quote by MyNameIsLame
Marijuana makes everything better. Everything.

Quote by TooFast
Yeah. Nazi's FTW.
Well, dude, about the strings. What kind of music do you play? Do you like to shred, do you play metal, jazz, death metal, alternative rock... All these should affect your decision. Tell me what you love to play, rhythm or lead, and what genre('s). But out of all the various string brands I have played, I like Ernie Ball the best, but I am also a very modern style player.

Also, about the amp. Take it from someone who has a Spider III 75 Watt, they are good, but they don't have the best tone. They are incredibly versetile to use though. But, looking back, I think I would have just saved up 200 more and bought a better amp, though I don't completely regret the S3.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Did your friends leave the room to go to the bathroom excessively? If so, they were masturbating.

Quote by JewMasatFlex
if that is why you are playing guitar, then stop. play guitar because you like music, not because you want some pussy
Quote by GuitarCrazyFrog
Well, dude, about the strings. What kind of music do you play? Do you like to shred, do you play metal, jazz, death metal, alternative rock... All these should affect your decision. Tell me what you love to play, rhythm or lead, and what genre('s). But out of all the various string brands I have played, I like Ernie Ball the best, but I am also a very modern style player.

Also, about the amp. Take it from someone who has a Spider III 75 Watt, they are good, but they don't have the best tone. They are incredibly versetile to use though. But, looking back, I think I would have just saved up 200 more and bought a better amp, though I don't completely regret the S3.

I like to play shred and metal riffs, I don't know why you said jazz, but I like to play death metal too, I don't know whether I like to play lead or rythem, I just play and make up stuff, I like to create solos and nice chugging riffs and and I also like to play metalcore stuff that has a good rythem in the riff, I like bands such as Arch Enemy, Despised Icon, The black dahlia muder, Iced Earth, Into Eternity, The Faceless, All that remains, so those are a whole variety of genres for metal but I like to play of them, or try to anyway, and I do not want to wait till after christmas too get an amp, because I know for sure I wont get any money for a while after that until my birthday/ graduation party, my birthday was last month and I have that money saved up for this amp, I have like 125 dollars and I plan on getting this amp "Tomorrow" and strings, and yes you're probably right about stringing them incorrectly, but that was only one or two strings, i have looked on youtube, not as helpful because people usually do not use cheap starcasters like me but i have the general idea and I usually do good in stringing.

EDIT: I only intend on spending one hundred dollars, btw the amp I have now is 10 watts not 15 for the guy who said that above.
Get the amp if you like it.

If you're in standard tuning I'd just get Ernie ball regular slinkies or d'addorio. Nickel wound, 10-46 or 9-42, or whatever you play. You might want to look at the heavy bottom, but if your guitar's not set up for them I wouldn't buy them, just my opinion.
Quote by JilaX^
Get the Peavey Vypyr 15, dude. It is miles ahead of the Spider series.

Idk dude, I'm looking at the reviews now and some people are saying the pinch harmonics sound sandy and it is just terrible on this amp and not squeaky like they should be, the chromatic tuner sucks, but i heard the distortion is strong and powerful. Okay I'm basically trying to find which amp has better sounding distortion for metal, and high pitched sounds for doing solos, I love like the power ranger theme song's pitch when he does the tapping and stuff.
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
Idk dude, I'm looking at the reviews now and some people are saying the pinch harmonics sound sandy and it is just terrible on this amp and not squeaky like they should be, the chromatic tuner sucks, but i heard the distortion is strong and powerful. Okay I'm basically trying to find which amp has better sounding distortion for metal, and high pitched sounds for doing solos, I love like the power ranger theme song's pitch when he does the tapping and stuff.

The Vypyr kills the Spider. In every possible way. Except as a footstool.

Seriously, the Spider sounds Digital as hell, doesn't do anything well, and absolutely kills any uniqueness or tone you might have to begin with.
okay so i had my friend who is into metal just as much as i am and I had him watch this peavy vypyr vs line 6 video on youtube and he said peavy sounds way better and i could do all sorts of metal with it so i think i will buy peavy, thanks man.
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
okay so i had my friend who is into metal just as much as i am and I had him watch this peavy vypyr vs line 6 video on youtube and he said peavy sounds way better and i could do all sorts of metal with it so i think i will buy peavy, thanks man.

Glad for you mate. It's a great buy for 99$!
even the guitar guy at guitar center was like yes i agree with the people you were asking on that site, it is better with 22 channels as aposed to 5 that the line 6 has and its a better sound, honestly i was playing it before you called. so i was happy to hear that he agreed with you all. well just jilax anyway