first off, everyone knows the pickups in epis kinda suck but whatever, i need a christmas idea haha, so, i play mostly blues and classic rock, a decent amount of clean, and not really any high gain stuff so what do you think about me gettin seymour duncan pearly gates pups, i havent researched pickups much, but i know a lil about them, i dont know all that many brands, but whatever, soo

ya seymour duncan pearly gates pickups on an epi g400 custom, for blues, classic rock

second, --- im looking into new cabs, i really like the sound of orange cabs, but i cant afford them, i dont know too much about cabs, but soon i will have a hughes and kettner statesman head, and so i wanted a new cab too but, it needs to be pretty cheap but have a decently thick tone to it, as long as it sings ill be happy, so my budget for that is like maybe 300 - 400, possibly even up to five hundred but i really dont want to, so what cab??
For pickups, try duncan
Jazz neck
SH-4 bridge

If you need a quality cab for an affordable price hook up with these guys:
http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

Just tell them "make me an orange cab" and they will load it with what orange has and it will be pretty damn close.

Specs
13 ply high density 18mm birch plywood
Celestion vintage 30 speakers

You will have a cab that can recreate orange to all but those who claim they can tell the difference between hydroelectric and nuclear power.
Quote by CoffeeCup
For pickups, try duncan
Jazz neck
SH-4 bridge

If you need a quality cab for an affordable price hook up with these guys:
http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

Just tell them "make me an orange cab" and they will load it with what orange has and it will be pretty damn close.

Specs
13 ply high density 18mm birch plywood
Celestion vintage 30 speakers

You will have a cab that can recreate orange to all but those who claim they can tell the difference between hydroelectric and nuclear power.

woah that speaker company is pretty cool, and why would the jazz neck and sh 4 bridge be better than the pearly gates???
they arent.

there's a reason he's banned i'm sure.

i like pearly gates for your style. and a g-400 is a good modding guitar.

avatar cabs are pretty good. also check local craigs list they have great deals on used gear this time of year.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
they arent.

there's a reason he's banned i'm sure.

i like pearly gates for your style. and a g-400 is a good modding guitar.

avatar cabs are pretty good. also check local craigs list they have great deals on used gear this time of year.

allright cool, then i think im gonna be having my christmas present haha, well how much do they cost, they cant be more like like what 150??, o wel ill just look it up and stop bein lazy, ****, i forgot about craigslist lol, thanks thoe

and thanks to the dues below for the reasurance

o also, one more question, ... would it sound good if i only got the pearly gates for the bridge pickup(i dont channge much,) but for certain songs that need a change, would it work to have the pearly gates for bridge then the other two stock????
Last edited by eberg2 at Dec 5, 2008,