Page 1 of 2
Hello, let me introduce myself.

I am a drummer/guitarist/vocalist/bassist, although I'm not so good at bass, I am very good when it comes to analyzing beats and rhythms, such things as that. I am a musician as of 8 years now, drummer for 8, vocalist and guitarist for about 4.

I have come here looking for musicians to form a serious online acoustic online collaboration. We will have goals such as

1. Write and record a demo
2. Gain popularity on UG
3. Possibly even write an album that could be put on online music stores.

These are the following people I shall need, but are not limited to

1 - Lead Guitarist
1-2 - Rhythm Guitarists
1 - Bassist
1 - Vocalist
1 - Pianist

REQUIREMENTS ARE AS SUCH

Everybody
1. Some means of recording that is exportable to an mp3 file format.
2. Be communicative, fair, and friendly, this means talk to the band mates about getting the file you need to pass around to record, don't go away for long periods of time without (If possible) alerting people in the band, and just don't be an asshole.

Lead Guitarist
1. Way to achieve an acoustic sound that is recordable with, be it an acoustic guitar and a microphone, or some other means.
2. A slight knowledge of scales for soloing means.

Rhythm Guitarist(s)
1. Way to achieve an acoustic sound that is recordable with, be it an acoustic guitar and a microphone, or some other means.
2. Knowledge of rhythms, chord progressions and chord fingerings.

Bassist
1. A bass guitar, be it acoustic or electric, and a way to get sound into a computer for recording (A light bass sound will be needed if electric).
2. A knowledge of how to play some basic scales.

Vocalist
1. A means of achieving a GOOD sound from a microphone into a recording software on a computer.
2. A knowledge of harmonies, and vocalizing.

Pianist
1. A means of achieving a GOOD sound of a piano into a computer's recording software.
2. Quite Knowledgeable in scales and key signatures.

If you have read this and understand please type 'acoustic' in your post.

I hope this can be a successful project that will pave the way for online bands and collaborations in the future.

OTHER

- In the event of more than one person wanting a position within 7 days, then there will be an audition process, in which the best one will be decided.
- In the event of a breakup after successful music making then songs will be legally owned by the writers of them.
- Any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to ask.

EDITS AS OF 12/8/08, 8 P.M. EST

- All guitar positions, you must send in an audio file link of you playing or provide me a link in which I can go and hear you (Don't try and fake it).
- My personal influences as far as acoustic goes are people like Eric Clapton, Neil Young, really not too much influence.

AUDITION PIECES

ALL GUITARISTS - 1st Guitar solo in "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
- (Lead Guitarists, must do both solos)
BASSISTS - Bass solo from "My Generation" by The Who.
PIANISTS - Intro to "Your Song" by Elton John
VOCALISTS - A demonstration of your vocal range, tone, depth, and hold out length.

Entries will based as such.
45% - Cleanliness (How clean and on beat the piece is played)
40% - Quality of Tone (No peaking or ****ty sounds)
15% - Timeliness (The sooner the better)

TABS
- GUITARISTS - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/l/lynyrd_skynyrd/sweet_home_alabama_tab.htm
- BASSISTS - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/w/who/my_generation_ver2_btab.htm
- PIANISTS - \/ SEE ATTACHMENT ON SECOND PAGE \/

All submissions due 9:00 EST on 12/12/08, ABSOLUTELY NO LATER!
Last edited by Comrade Curry at Dec 6, 2008,
im interested in doing this. i can either play rhythm or lead acoustic. i have mixcraft and i use that to record. what are your influences?
shocking, I am actually interested. I am very keen to play acoustic lead for you sir.
i suck but THATS OK!
I'm primarily a drummer but I have also been playing piano for about 12 years. I am definitely interested in joining.
qwertyuiop8642 - I'm going to put you on the entry list for rhythym guitar

Breaknalist - You're cool with lead guitar? May have some complicated solos lol, nah I'm just joking.

Steel Skins - Is that mp3 in your profile all you playing?

So the current list is as such

Ryhthm guitar entries - qwertyuiop8642
Lead guitar entries - Breaknalist
Pianist - Steel Skins
Last edited by Comrade Curry at Dec 5, 2008,
Quote by Comrade Curry
qwertyuiop8642 - I'm going to put you on the entry list for rhythym guitar

Breaknalist - You're cool with lead guitar? May have some complicated solos lol, nah I'm just joking.

Steel Skins - Is that mp3 in your profile all you playing?

I'ts me on guitar and the keys but my friend on bass.
Quote by Steel Skins
Thanks man, looking forward to it. So what are you playing?

Um well really just kind of like drums, if needed, other than that just kind of like the leader per se, and a little guitar and vocal work.
Quote by Comrade Curry
Um well really just kind of like drums, if needed, other than that just kind of like the leader per se, and a little guitar and vocal work.

Ok. My friend Florian would be willing to play bass. He won't communicate with you guys since he lives with me and we use the same computer which I am usually on, but he can record anytime. He played the whole bass solo part on the mp3 on my prof so I was wondering if he can join.
hey i'm intereseted in rhtym guitar. i love playing acoustically and have been playin for 3years
Quote by Steel Skins
Ok. My friend Florian would be willing to play bass. He won't communicate with you guys since he lives with me and we use the same computer which I am usually on, but he can record anytime. He played the whole bass solo part on the mp3 on my prof so I was wondering if he can join.

Definitely what does he go by?

Current list

Ryhthm guitar entries - qwertyuiop8642, teamoxx3
Pianist - Steel Skins
Bassist - Steel Skins friend
Quote by Comrade Curry
Definitely what does he go by?

Current list

Ryhthm guitar entries - qwertyuiop8642, teamoxx3
Pianist - Steel Skins
Bassist - Steel Skins friend

Florian
sweet. i need to get a recording up. btw i cant listen to any of the files you guys have put up for some reason
This sounds interesting. I've been playing guitar for eight years and am very influenced by jazz. I could do either rythem or lead, depending on what is needed.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
what are you really looking for in the rhythm? i can play lots of chords cleanly and fingerpick fairly well (classical gas, etc.)
Quote by Minderbinder
This sounds interesting. I've been playing guitar for eight years and am very influenced by jazz. I could do either rythem or lead, depending on what is needed.

Well regardless what we need its really who the best player is, because, like I figured would happen, we will have to auditions for ALL guitar positions. More details when I can.
I can play some piano if you want. I'm grade 8, 14 years of tuition, learning both Classical and Jazz. I have an extensive knowledge of scales and chords, anything I don't know, I can work out pretty easily. Good sightreading, good improvisation, and I can play by ear. I'm also a songwriter and lyricist, and I've had a lot of practice in recording and mastering.

In the way of demos, these will have to do. These are the most recent recordings of me playing piano, and they're both improvisations. They also show the quality (or lack thereof) of my recording.

horizon.mp3
freefall.mp3
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Alrite I've made a decision.

EVERYBODY has to audition, no questions, there will be a piece for each position, and will be judged upon cleanliness, quality of sound, and timeliness of submission.

I'll but the songs up after the #2 Gators v. #1 Alabama game, probably gonna end about 8ish
let rabid play piano, but I'm not giving up this easily as I would like the position of rhythm guitar. Do you still want me to audition for that before 8'ish? Oh and remember Florian is only on bass if I'm in this band.
Last edited by Steel Skins at Dec 6, 2008,
Quote by Steel Skins
every second of it.

All right, but what I meant by a certain piece, is that I'm going to pick a solo, or partial song, and the best ones will be have to play it. But seeing as how that was very nice, I'll put you on for rhythm guitar alright?

Oh yea, GO GATORS!

Hello there, I am very interested in playing the lead or rhythm acoustic guitar. If I were to achieve this position(s) I would be using my custom flying v. I record through an rp-350 and then through Sony Acid Pro recording software. I have an amazing acoustic preset. For a sample please check out the acoustic sample on my profile. This sample was recorded with a squier guitar, so even though it sounds good, my v will sound twice as good. I hope you consider me for this position(s) Thanks in advance- Datrooper
I'm Luke.
I'm very impressed by your drive and ambition. Sorry I don't have good enough recording equipment to try out but I just wanted to let you know that I'm impressed in they way you're handling things. Good luck!
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
teamoxx3 - If you've read you'll realize I'm watching the game and posting between quarters, I'll post after game.

Datrooper - your equipment sounds good and such, and that will get you some bonus points, but you, AND EVERYBODY ELSE (With the exception of Steel Skin) HAS TO AUDITION
Alright guys, games over, we won, now on to business, I'll put the songs up in about 10 mins.

AUDITION PIECES

VOCALISTS - A demonstration of your vocal range, tone, depth, and hold out length.

TABS
- GUITARISTS - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/l/lynyrd_skynyrd/sweet_home_alabama_tab.htm
- BASSISTS - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/w/who/my_generation_ver2_btab.htm
- PIANISTS - \/ SEE ATTACHMENT \/

Will the audition piece be in the form of a guitar pro? And are you going to give me a certain song to play?
I'm Luke.
Quote by Datrooper
Will the audition piece be in the form of a guitar pro? And are you going to give me a certain song to play?

Just in case you don't look up or at the first post.

AUDITION PIECES

TABS
- PIANISTS - \/ SEE ATTACHMENT \/

Attachments:
YOUR SONG INTRO.pdf
Sorry, this is probably a stupid question, but when you say first, which is the first to you, like when in the song? Sorry if this made no sense
EDIT: Never mind you posted it
EDIT Again: Do you want me to play that entire tab, and that's it, or is there more?
I'm Luke.
Last edited by Datrooper at Dec 6, 2008,
Quote by Datrooper
Sorry, this is probably a stupid question, but when you say first, which is the first to you, like when in the song? Sorry if this made no sense
EDIT: Never mind you posted it
EDIT Again: Do you want me to play that entire tab, and that's it, or is there more?

1st - 1:30-1:41
2nd - 2:20-2:59

In reply to the EDIT again; Just what is said in the audition details (1st solo for rhythm guitar, both solos for lead)
Quote by Comrade Curry
Glad to see your enthusiasm!

Haha glad it is being seen I really want this spot and that solo will take some practice, but I know both the bassist and the pianist and this would be third band with them, and even if I don't make it, you scored some amazing musicians
I'm Luke.
Does Florian have to do the bass part since hes with me and you've heard his bass solo in viridian. Plus I don't think there's anyone contesting for bass.
Quote by Steel Skins
Does Florian have to do the bass part since hes with me and you've heard his bass solo in viridian. Plus I don't think there's anyone contesting for bass.

Bass isn't that popular i guess lol are you the rythym guitar?
And to leader:Who am i competing against for lead guitar
I'm Luke.
Page 1 of 2