yes, I like it
234 78%
no, I don't
35 12%
undecided
29 10%
Voters: 299.
Page 1 of 2
Do you like Christmas? All the family stuff and shopping, music and tv, I know you like the presents. Is it all a scam to keep us shopping? Just curious about how many scrooges in UG.

I loved it as a kid but now I don't care for it as much.
Last edited by Tempoe at Dec 5, 2008,
I love Christmas. I really don't understand why people say they hate it. Christmas (like any other time of the year) is only as stressful as you let it become. If you don't like the crazy Christmas shopping, don't participate in it.
Death to Ovation haters!
I like getting stuff and eating big fancy food and taking that 30 minute christmas dump and **** like that, yeah.

I just hate how much busier the world gets in December as a result of it.
Who the hell doesn't love Christmas?

I'm not religious but gettin all my family together hangin out playin some games.. Get some presents and drinkin and such...

It's an awesome holiday, I pity those who don't enjoy it.
are there any reasons to hate it
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
It's awesome!

After all the hurried shopping, it's a great way to relax at the end of the year with friends and family.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Yes! And I AM religious! *I am such a rebel*

I love everything about it. It's just awesome.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Its a little annoying when people say they hate Christmas, just to make themselves different, so they seem "cool".

Santa's cool too ya'no
What I just said is a lie.
Well ( sound kinda messed up), its TOO jolly and happy for me.

PS: im not emo.
There's people that don't like Christmas?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Free excuse to blow money? Why not?!?
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
Quote by Tempoe
Just curious about how many scrooges in UG.

I hate the frantic and forced consumerism, the pressure to buy the right thing, the not having the money to buy the right thing and feeling bad about it, the ignorance regarding Christmas's true history (the Puritans banned the thing, you know)...... I become a really cynical Marxist around Thanksgiving. Earlier, now, really.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Despite the fact that it's just another manipulation tool of the Bourgeoisie, i love Christmas
I despise Christmas.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
i hate this thing called christmas all these weird people hand me gifts and tell me they love me
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
Quote by nebiru
I despise Christmas.

He's too br00talz! TOO BR00TALZ!

Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Quote by SteveHouse

I hate the frantic and forced consumerism, the pressure to buy the right thing, the not having the money to buy the right thing and feeling bad about it, the ignorance regarding Christmas's true history (the Puritans banned the thing, you know)...... I become a really cynical Marxist around Thanksgiving. Earlier, now, really.

I agree with the consumerism part.
Last edited by Tempoe at Dec 5, 2008,
I like Christmas, and to not get pissed off at all the shopping, I finished all my shopping during the last week of November! ^_^
I should hate it, since I've never received a Christmas present my whole life (my parents are Muslims, though I'm an atheist). But I actually nothing it.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
My family isn't religious but we love Christmas! It's so magical and awesome.
lo odio
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I would like to add, one thing I hate about Christmas is Jewish people, and people of all other religions who are in NO way connected to Christmas as a religious celebration celebrate it because fvckin' EVERYONE is. It's like they can pick and choose which bloody holidays they want to take, so they can celebrate every day that is a holiday for any other religion.
How can anybody hate Christmas?

EDIT:

Well, I guess it does make sense. I personally hate the "Christ" part of Christmas, but I like the whole family gathering thing, having a big dinner, and exchanging gifts.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by brentondig
I would like to add, one thing I hate about Christmas is Jewish people, and people of all other religions who are in NO way connected to Christmas as a religious celebration celebrate it because fvckin' EVERYONE is. It's like they can pick and choose which bloody holidays they want to take, so they can celebrate every day that is a holiday for any other religion.
You know Christmas is actually the pagan winter solstice right?
I love it. The whole family gets together and spend time together and catch up and eat great food.
i like it, because im away at university, it means i can come home and see my parents, and i get to spend time with my Grandma and Grandad
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Family together, gifts, awesome dinner, the men going to the pub before dinner and the women staying in and drinking baileys, christmas dump.

I love it, apart from the fact my little sister will probs, try to wame me up at 4.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by XCount Me InX
i like it, because im away at university, it means i can come home and see my parents, and i get to spend time with my Grandma

This
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Hanson are musical legends.

You watch your god damn mouth when talking about them.

Quote by TheQuailman

I mean, look at me. Can't even get an erection unless I strangle a goat.

It's Time To Be Immortal Cause Heros Never Die!
My family doesn't really celebrate Christmas. But hell, I get a Nice big roasted duck and some cheap presents. on the bad side I have to engage in social interaction.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Christmas doesn't feel the same for me as it did when I was a kid. I don't like it because of the presents (not that I don't love free stuff ) but because it seems to put people (myself included) in a good mood. It's just got a certain feel to it. Snow falling, a log fireplace, lights strung all over houses. People can't help but get happy around Christmas time which gets them off my back for a month.
Of course I liked it when I was a selfish little kid, but now it bothers me. For the past few years I've asked everybody to not give me any gifts, but they do it anyway.
Last edited by werty22 at Dec 5, 2008,
Of course I like it when I was a selfish little kid, but now it bothers me. For the past few years I've asked everybody to not give me any gifts, but they do it anyway.

WHAT!?! You asked to not be given free stuff..? Meh, well good for you.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I can't stand the adverts, and the shopping crowds can get annoying, but on the day there are so few people around it kind of makes up for it. You don't have to be Christian to appreciate Christmas, in fact I'm pretty sure they stole the day of the Pagans.

There were a lot of Pagan festivals around Christmas that celebrated the harvest and such,so they Christians decided to celebrate Christmas arround that time
Page 1 of 2