i bought an ibanez sw100 combo and a ibanez sw115s extension cab for 310$ was this a good buy?

it isnt the swx100.

http://www.brindleysmusic.com/p-406-ibanez-15-sw115s-sound-wave-sw115-speaker-bass-cabinet.aspx

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--IBASW100
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Shouldn't you have checked before parting with cash?

ya, but i have 30 days for returns.

never buy a squier!
for a new (discontinued) combo amp and extension cab, i say you got a fair deal.
how does it sound? do you like it? thats what really matters. i say, you didn't get ripped-off, if thats what you're wondering.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
for a new (discontinued) combo amp and extension cab, i say you got a fair deal.
how does it sound? do you like it? thats what really matters. i say, you didn't get ripped-off, if thats what you're wondering.

i like it , it has a great tone, it would have been like around 450$, but i know the manager of the store.

never buy a squier!
Quote by tbirds1013
i like it , it has a great tone, it would have been like around 450$, but i know the manager of the store.

congrats on the new amp. having a friend at your local music shop can save you lots of money. nice bass too. very good beginner/ intermediate rig.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
congrats on the new amp. having a friend at your local music shop can save you lots of money. nice bass too. very good beginner/ intermediate rig.

yea it saved me like 300$ on my rig, all wires and a power supplies were free, and i got 70$ of my effects pedal

never buy a squier!
does anyone own one of them?

never buy a squier!
do you think this rig could keep up with a drummer?

never buy a squier!
Dunno. I think it's about 100W too underpowered to compete with a drummer, but the fact that it's 2 cabs might compensate.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I think you'll be fine with a drummer....two 15" drivers is a lot of air-moving power.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by thefitz
Dunno. I think it's about 100W too underpowered to compete with a drummer, but the fact that it's 2 cabs might compensate.

its like 145 watts at 4 ohms i think, but im not to sure, anyone know the exact wattage with the extension cab?

never buy a squier!
Last edited by tbirds1013 at Dec 6, 2008,
145 at 4 ohms.

Two 8 ohm cabinets = 4 ohms.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
My Ibanez 30 watt practice amp was horrid! I hope their high end stuff is better.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?