Hey, ive had enough of my starter amp, so it's time for a new one. My budget is around £200. I play mostly metal, slipknot, children of bodom, etc.

Which amp should i get guys?
Get a Roland Cube 60!!!

Or a tube combo used MIGHT be able to snatch a Randall RG50TC for that price used.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
save up your money fora better amp.

starter amps go for that much.

save it and good a good peavey maybe the classic 30

or a nice marshall mg.
Vox Valvetronix series are pretty good and i hear quite reliable, the AD 50 would be a good buy
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by Deanwings79
save up your money fora better amp.

starter amps go for that much.

save it and good a good peavey maybe the classic 30

or a nice marshall mg.

By starter amp i meant a crappy BC rich 10 watt starter amp.
GG&A Forum would be better for this just for the record.
Roland Cube 60 or Peavy Vypr (Haven't looked into the Vyprs myself so idk on price) - definitely try before you buy because the Cube's not for everyone.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
The peavey looks decent. I can only find a £250 75 watt one though. Do they do 60 watt vypyrs?
Get the 30 watt. It's plenty!
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

Quote by phenom1991
Get the 30 watt. It's plenty!

Really? Im rubbish when it comes to amps lol.
-Line 6 amps sound really digital, as opposed to real tube distortion.
-MG's don't sound like real Marshall amps that everyone loves. It's like comparing a Fender STARcaster to a Fender STRATocaster, they're both by Fender, but the Starcaster is junk. So is the MG.

If you get the Line 6 or Marshall MG, get a tube preamp to go with it.

I don't really care for Roland Cubes. Most people at UG like them, but to me they sound like more classic-rock oriented Line 6's.

If you're willing to go used, I'd try looking for a B-52 AT-100. They sound similar to a Mesa and are pretty cheap (around $600 US Dollars new), a used one might fall into your budget if you look in the right places.

If not, then I'd say a line 6 + tube preamp. Grant Fidelity makes a nice one for around $150 USD.
Last edited by Zecromancer at Dec 5, 2008,
Quote by Zecromancer
-Line 6 amps sound really digital, as opposed to real tube distortion.
-MG's don't sound like real Marshall amps that everyone loves. It's like comparing a Fender STARcaster to a Fender STRATocaster, they're both by Fender, but the Starcaster is junk. So is the MG.

If you get the Line 6 or Marshall MG, get a tube preamp to go with it.

I don't really care for Roland Cubes. Most people at UG like them, but to me they sound like more classic-rock oriented Line 6's.

If you're willing to go used, I'd try looking for a B-52 AT-100. They sound similar to a Mesa and are pretty cheap (around $600 US Dollars new), a used one might fall into your budget if you look in the right places.

If not, then I'd say a line 6 + tube preamp. Grant Fidelity makes a nice one for around $150 USD.

What do you think about the Peavey vypyr?
Quote by SpartanTHC
Really? Im rubbish when it comes to amps lol.

Unless you play in a full scale band or gig then i don't see the need for more than 30 watt. I got a 65 watt as home amp and it's overkill. I need 15-30 watt amp here.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

I havfe a 30w peavey vypyr and I love it. Great sound, and I only paid $185 for mine.

Make sure you try it out in the store though.

Marshalls are also good.
I don't think there are many decent shops near where i live. Id have to buy it off the internet.
Quote by 2+2=22
I havfe a 30w peavey vypyr and I love it. Great sound, and I only paid $185 for mine.

Make sure you try it out in the store though.

Marshalls are also good.

I hope you are not refering to any kind of MG with Marshalls?

ANYTHING>MG. I'd choose a Spider 3 over a MG ANYDAY. Atleast that thing is versatile.

FIRST RULE WHEN GETTING A NEW AMP: MG is not a step up amp. More like a LEAP BACK amp.

Same goes for Spider 3's. Line 6 make awesome high end stuff and ****ing awesome recording hardware/tools but Spiders are not part of their technical marvel.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

Whoever said the Classic 30... TS wants to play METAL. If you want to play through a Classic 30, you'll need a decent OD.

I recommend the Peavey Vypyr 30 or maybe 75. The 75 might seem overkill, because the 30 is pretty loud, but the 75 has some neat features like the USB out that the 30 doesn't have... you should give them a look. Some people mentioned the Cubes, they're pretty good too.
Quote by Yngwi3
GG&A Forum would be better for this just for the record.
Roland Cube 60 or Peavy Vypr (Haven't looked into the Vyprs myself so idk on price) - definitely try before you buy because the Cube's not for everyone.

+1 (i haven't tried the vypyr either, but hear decent things).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?