Hey there UG,

I'm kinda new in this forum, but also new to the guitar, just been playing 2 years, and studying theory and techniques, dreaming about to be able to shred and play neoclassical metal.

But my main question can be answered quite easily, imagine there's a way to always get closer to playing more easily at fastest speeds, and shred like Yngwie or Gilbert.

How would you describe that way?

For example, except theory and basic techniques or scales and sweeps, I started seriously by making that approach trough Classical Songs(Minuets, Caprices) then Deep Purple then, Scorpions then, Hendrix and at the end... Yngwie / Gilbert, some solos are better then the other, some songs seemed to help me, some sounded nice but were in the other genre category, but nevertheless what do you recommend, to constantly improve and improve, without playing the same song for 2000 times a day...
PM this guy Iron Maiden§ he knows his stuff!!!

i'd say just learn different song and styles.
turn on the radio and try to play the first song you hear.. even if its hip-hop,
find the chords then improvise.

i don't think i answered your question but i tried
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
I read that topic, but that's just like a list of techniques that are kinda independent, they all have a sort of evolution ,but not in the way i wanted,... for example i prefer to learn triads through that master of puppets solo, its way more musical, but of course not denying all of the fretboard runs up and down with all possibilities of triads, or any other technique...
Quote by Knuxus
I read that topic, but that's just like a list of techniques that are kinda independent, they all have a sort of evolution ,but not in the way i wanted,... for example i prefer to learn triads through that master of puppets solo, its way more musical, but of course not denying all of the fretboard runs up and down with all possibilities of triads, or any other technique...

i should've put j/k about the "Iron Maiden§" i meant to put the " " but i forgot. anyway..

i'm not exactally sure what your asking. sry.

do you know the major scale and notes on the guitar and stuff like that?
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Quote by victoryaloy
i should've put j/k about the "Iron Maiden§" i meant to put the " " but i forgot. anyway..

i'm not exactally sure what your asking. sry.

do you know the major scale and notes on the guitar and stuff like that?

Yep, every note, some scales, well the most frequent, major, minor, as well as some modes, know how to build scales as well, but my question was something like, what about some recommendations, of what should I play to be a faster and more precise guitarist every month or so... what are the best songs for improving finger speed and precision, and what are the most challenging to make a lot of things easier after you learned them....
This help?

Alternate/Economy Picking
Racer X--Technical Difficulties/Metal Dog
Paul Gilbert--Curse Of Castle Dragon
Megadeth--Tornado Of Souls
Megadeth--Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Metallica--Fight Fire With Fire
Dream Theater--Metropolis Pt. One
Dream Theater--Erotomania
Dream Theater--This Dying Soul
Wintersun--Winter Madness
Buckethead--Nottingham Lace
Nicolo Paganini--5th Caprice**
John Petrucci--Glasgow Kiss
John Petrucci--Damage Control
Dream Theater--Octavarium
Dream Theater--Afterlife
Dream Theater--Lines In The Sand
Dream Theater--Overture 1928
Dream Theater--In The Presence Of Enemies
Liquid Tension Experiment--Paradigm Shift
Steve Morse--Tunmeni Notes
Al Di Meola--Pharaoh Kings
Shawn Lane--Gray Pianos Flying
Shawn Lane--Get You Back

String Skipping
Racer X--Scarified
Bach--Bouree In E Minor
Dream Theater--Innocence Faded
Liquid Tension Experiment--Universal Mind

Sweep Picking
Jason Becker--Altitudes
Jason Becker--Perpetual Burn
Jason Becker--Serrana
Cacophony--Concerto
Cacophony--Speed Metal Symphony
Nevermore--The Psalm Of Lydia
Between The Buried and Me--Selkies:The Endless Obsession
Between The Buried and Me--Alaska
Yngwie Malmsteen--Trilogy Sweet Op. 5
Yngwie Malmsteen--Blitzkreig
Tony MacAlpine--Wheel Of Fortune
Michael Angelo Batio--No Boundries
Protest The Hero--Turn Soonest To The Sea
The Human Abstract--Vela Together We Await The Storm
The Human Abstract--Violent Strike
Nicolo Paganini--24th Caprice**
Necrophagist--Advanced Corpse Tumor
Necrophagist--Mutilate The Stillborn
Outworld--Riders
Rusty Cooley--Under The Influence**
Rusty Cooley--The Butcher*
Rusty Cooley--Dominion**
Rusty Cooley--The Duel**
Dave Martone--Pigeon Walk
Racer X--Frenzy
Dream Theater--Fatal Tragedy
Frank Gambale--High 5

Sweep Tapping(Obviously this will improve your sweeping too)
Necrophagist--Stabwound
Necrophagist--Symbiotic In Theory
Necrophagist--Fermented Offal Discharge
Dream Theater--Under A Glass Moon
Dragonforce--Valley Of The Damned

Hybrid Picking
Eric Johnson--Cliffs Of Dover
Guthrie Govan--Waves
Albert Lee--Country Boy
Mastadon--Bladecatcher

Tapping
Guthrie Govan--Fives
Paul Gilbert--Four Seasons
Arsis--We Are The Nightmare
Extreme--Get The Funk Out
Mr. Big--Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Symphony X--Sea Of Lies
Symphony X--Of Sins And Shadows
Symphony X--Eve of Seduction
Steve Vai--Building The Church
Steve Vai--Liberty
Paul Gilbert--Get Out Of My Yard (without human capo)
Van Halen--Hot For Teacher
Van Halen--Jump
Van Halen--5150
Van Halen--Eruption
Van Halen--Dreams
Dokken--Tooth And Nail
Dream Theater--Wait For Sleep
Dave Martone--Starz Scarz
Dave Martone--Fumble Fingers
Buckethead--Jordan
Protest The Hero--Bloodmeat
Reb Beach--Black Magic
Bumblefoot--Guitars Suck
Mattias Eklundh--Lisa's Passion For Heavy Metal

Touchstyle Tapping (separated as deciding difficulty would get difficult otherwise)
Joe Satriani--Midnight
Joe Satriani--Day At The Beach
Joe Satriani--The Forgotten Pt. 1
Joe Satriani--The Headless Horseman
Dave Martone--Tap Thang
Kiko Loureiro--Tapping Into My Dark Tranquility
Angra--Heroes Of Sand
Zack Kim--Super Mario Theme
Stanley Jordan--Anything

Legato
Joe Satriani--Flying In A Blue Dream
Joe Satriani--Power Cosmic
Joe Satriani--Echo
Joe Satriani--The Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing
Iron Maiden--Number Of The Beast
Rusty Cooley--Dark Matter**
Steve Vai--Lotus Feet
Steve Vai--For The Love Of God
Dream Theater--Lies In The Sand
Dream Theater--In The Name Of God
Allan Holdsworth--Fred
Allan Holdsworth--City Nights
Allan Holdsworth--Metal Fatigue

Chord Work
Joe Satriani--Joe Satriani
Al Di Meola--Mediterranean Sundance
Al Di Meola--Splendido Sundance

i got that here.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
no problem..
good luck!!
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Quote by Knuxus

How would you describe that way?

This is a good question, and I'm about to give you an answer that you're not likely to
hear from anyone else.

You have an inner guide/voice that will TELL you the right thing to do, you just have to
listen to it. That's the way I use and basically the only one I've found to work. It's
so simple, yet most of the time you just don't listen to it.

You might think its too simple and far-fetched to really be true, so I'll try to give you
an example which maybe you can recognize.

You might be practicing a song and hit a difficult spot that's full of mistakes. So "your guide"
tells you to take a closer look at this. Quite likely you'll listen initially. So, you take a
closer look. You see that to actually get even these small finger movements correct
will require a lot of your attention at slow speed and a lot of work. Your guide will now
tell you'll need much more practice on this. However you (ie your ego) says, It'll
take forever to get anything done this way. We'll NEVER get this song right. Let's
move on and hope it goes away. So, you listen to the lie because it looks like it
will be quicker and get you to your goal (learning the song) sooner. But, in
actuality you'll NEVER get the song right this way. You might get a bit closer over
time, but mostly you'll just become angry and frustrated over your inability to learn
it right and feel like a victim.
Quote by edg
This is a good question, and I'm about to give you an answer that you're not likely to
hear from anyone else.

You have an inner guide/voice that will TELL you the right thing to do, you just have to
listen to it. That's the way I use and basically the only one I've found to work. It's
so simple, yet most of the time you just don't listen to it.

You might think its too simple and far-fetched to really be true, so I'll try to give you
an example which maybe you can recognize.

You might be practicing a song and hit a difficult spot that's full of mistakes. So "your guide"
tells you to take a closer look at this. Quite likely you'll listen initially. So, you take a
closer look. You see that to actually get even these small finger movements correct
will require a lot of your attention at slow speed and a lot of work. Your guide will now
tell you'll need much more practice on this. However you (ie your ego) says, It'll
take forever to get anything done this way. We'll NEVER get this song right. Let's
move on and hope it goes away. So, you listen to the lie because it looks like it
will be quicker and get you to your goal (learning the song) sooner. But, in
actuality you'll NEVER get the song right this way. You might get a bit closer over
time, but mostly you'll just become angry and frustrated over your inability to learn
it right and feel like a victim.

Thanks, that is actually pretty obvious thats why a lot of people just let it slide, your opinion is very sincere, thank you for that, and also thank you Freepower i saw your videos, and read some lessons already, they are really inspiring and great for everyone.