When I play guitar for more than an hour my middle, ring, and pinky become freezing cold. It doesn't happen when I play any other instrument. And it happens every time. I play standing and sitting. I can only assume it's the strumming. Does anyone know why this happens and any possible fixes?
i've never heard of this before.

did you try google?
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Does it happen when the temp in your room is warm or is it only when it gets colder outside? Other wise it could possibly be the perfusion in your hand.
the exact same happens to me, i thinks its because of the way the fingers bend it reduces circulation to the fingers causing the temperature drop
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Quote by vegetable-jim
the exact same happens to me, i thinks its because of the way the fingers bend it reduces circulation to the fingers causing the temperature drop

i'm not positive.. but i dont think thats a good thing.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
^ its not, i'd check with a dr. and see if theres anything causing poor circulation. many things could cause it, heredity, being overweight, high (or low) blood pressure.
Quote by victoryaloy
i'm not positive.. but i dont think thats a good thing.

Well its been happening to me for a few years now and doesnt seem to have done any harm and mine get cold after about 15 minutes even if the room is hot so you should be fine aslong as you warm up your hands after
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Mine get cold like that too...
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
my fingers get all cold and stiff, not when i play but before i play. i just rinse it in hot water
Quote by JDbbx
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Quote by jetfuel495
UUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Takamine G Series EG363SC Fund: $400/$499
Until you supply more info all responses are shooting in the dark.

E.G. which hand? what techniques are you using (fingerstyle or pick, strumming or melody, big chord stretches or not etc? )?

But, .... it sounds like your right hand, if it's the left I'd see a doctor and/or qualified teacher.
Quote by mynamegoezhere
When I play guitar for more than an hour my middle, ring, and pinky become freezing cold. It doesn't happen when I play any other instrument. And it happens every time. I play standing and sitting. I can only assume it's the strumming. Does anyone know why this happens and any possible fixes?
So it's your strumming hand? My best guess is that you rest your arm on the body of the guitar in a way so that it cuts off circulation to your fingers (which makes them cold).

Try having Raynaud's. It's a bitch to warm up my hands to the point where I can move them freely enough to play a song.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
second the guy above me, probably where you rest your arm on the guitar...if i sit weird my strumming hand gets cold and hurts....otherwise its probably poor circulation in ur fingers
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
It's my right hand, it doesn't matter what the temp is, im slightly overweight, but my doctor says my health is in great condition, my blood pressure is in good condition and i rest my arm on . But it's only the right hand. The thumb and index are warm after playing. I don't use picks so i do finger pick, occasionally using the middle finger when playing. But I just found it weird that only three fingers get cold when i play. An interesting note to add is when picking, i make an "okay" hand gesture and use the last three to anchor my hand. But when strumming, my arm isn't on the guitar. But thanks for the tips.
Quote by mynamegoezhere
It's my right hand, it doesn't matter what the temp is, im slightly overweight, but my doctor says my health is in great condition, my blood pressure is in good condition and i rest my arm on . But it's only the right hand. The thumb and index are warm after playing. I don't use picks so i do finger pick, occasionally using the middle finger when playing. But I just found it weird that only three fingers get cold when i play. An interesting note to add is when picking, i make an "okay" hand gesture and use the last three to anchor my hand. But when strumming, my arm isn't on the guitar. But thanks for the tips.
Either way, your hand is fucked.

*walks out of thread*
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥