hey there, if i have a 3 way pick up selecter, but i wanna use a 2 way switch as a killswitch, which cables do i remove from the 3 way selector and solder to the 2 way selector for me to use it with the bridge pick up? im not sure if my statement above made any sense...but if you understand that would be much help.

ill try again in case. ok so i wanna put a killswitch on the bridge pick up part of the 3 way selecter switch, so how would i go about doing this? which cables to remove and where to solder them.

for those who say just roll down the neck pick up to 0, i dont like doing that because as you may or may not know. even when the pick up selector is on the bridge pick up only. the neck pick up is still sending a signal and to me, i like that tone i get from it.
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White) (retired)
Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash studio
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Tobacco Burst)

Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz
just remove your neck pickup then or put a killswitch in correctly,

you add another switch onto the guitar

you can use an existing hole from a tone knob if you want, just put the tone knob inside the body set how you like it (probably on 10)

then lookup how to wire it with the hot and ground wires
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
why cant you just have a killswitch that affects both pickups? Like does it really matter? Or you can take the 3 way out and have a killswitch for each pickup, like on a superstrat, its not really a killswitch but will owrk as one.
If you wanna have a killswitch on the bridge pickup only wire the killswitch up to the bridge pickups volume and then to the output jack
Ultimate killswitch thread.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Just install a SPST switch (mometary or latching, whichever tickles your fancy) between the bridge pick up lug on the pick up selector switch and a suitable ground point, usually the body of the selector switch is grounded. This shunts the pick up signal to ground which the correct way to do a kill switch.

Out of interest, how does the neck pick up end up in the tone mix when you have selected bridge only, does the selector switch not make a clean break?
Last edited by PaoloJM at Dec 6, 2008,
right, if u only use 1 pickup this if what u do

1) kill volume of pick up u dont use
2) use toggle switch as kill switch
3) ???
4) profit
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by guitarcam123
no.. he said he doesn't want to do that. Did you even read the OP?

i was in a rush so no i didnt

*read OP*
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>