Page 1 of 2
I have heard some people say Musicians Friend is unreliable and I wanna do a bit of Christmas shopping and would like to know a bit more about it. What are you guy's experiences with Musicians Friend? I have bought small things from there before and it was always fine.

Also, I'm considering buying a keyboard and I know Yamaha is good but I don't much about Casios (Lower end ones). Is a Casio keyboard any good? Yamaha seems better to me but for some reason my family is dead set on a Casio (I company I have barely even heard of)
Quote by bloodshed344
I have heard some people say Musicians Friend is unreliable and I wanna do a bit of Christmas shopping and would like to know a bit more about it. What are you guy's experiences with Musicians Friend? I have bought small things from there before and it was always fine.

Also, I'm considering buying a keyboard and I know Yamaha is good but I don't much about Casios (Lower end ones). Is a Casio keyboard any good? Yamaha seems better to me but for some reason my family is dead set on a Casio (I company I have barely even heard of)

So there you go.

Protip: It's all Guitar Center.
You're*
1) Musicians Friends is a good company, I've bought big things from them and they've come through fine.

2) I have a Casio, about 600$, It's great, you wont regret it.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
I've only bought small stuff (Picks, Strings, Drum Sticks) off musiciansfriend, but It was always shipped and got to me within a few days (The least amount of days they say it could be.)

and I have a low end Yamaha keyboard, and I use it for dinking around, They are pretty good, especially if you arn't super serious about playing Piano. It sounds good, and Is sturdy.
NOt sure about the keyboards, but I love musicians friend. I bought my Gretsch through them and it was cracked when I bought it. I called them and they said they'll send me a new one that day and I need to send the old one back within a week. I got the new one the next day.

I've bought a couple things through them and I'd swear by them. Don't be wary about it.
i haven't had any problems with Musician's Friend... can't really help with the keyboard
What do you mean they're unreliable? I've bought a lot of stuff from them and have never had any problems. Did you know they're owned by Guitar Center?

Casio keyboards are for kids. They're the quality that you'd find in a Walmart or Target. If you're just using it to goof around with, they're great for that, but I don't think you'll ever see anyone gig with one.
ive never had any problems from musicians friend
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
I've never heard anything but good on Musician's Friend.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I bought from them when they were moving their distribution plant and they messed up my order three times and sent stuff in four different packages (spread out over about two weeks)...but I guess that was due to their DC moving...but given the choice, I;d still order from them rather than GC (even though they both use the same company)

Upside, I opened one of the packages and found a $120 MXR noise gate that I didn't order or pay for...haha. Who knows you could get lucky...

Try Sweetwater.com. I was VERY impressed with their customer service department and they've been great with shipping...
I've never had any problem with Musicians Friend. I've ordered just about everything imaginable from them. Shipping is usually free, no sales tax in my state, and I've only had one screw up in an order. I ordered a matched quad set of power tubes for the Marshall and they packaged a single tube and sent it to me. I called them up and they sent out the set and didn't charge me for the single, so I guess I got a free spare out of their screw up.
Quote by TyrsFromAbove37
I bought from them when they were moving their distribution plant and they messed up my order three times and sent stuff in four different packages (spread out over about two weeks)...but I guess that was due to their DC moving...but given the choice, I;d still order from them rather than GC (even though they both use the same company)

Upside, I opened one of the packages and found a $120 MXR noise gate that I didn't order or pay for...haha. Who knows you could get lucky...

Try Sweetwater.com. I was VERY impressed with their customer service department and they've been great with shipping...

same thing happened when i opened up my order to find a G7 performance capo staring back at me, free of charge.
it is amazingly reliable man dont listen to other people. My friend got his les paul from there and had troubles from there and we have got shirts and music books and lots of others things from it and have no problems and it has come within like a week. Good service i have no complaints or worries with using musicians friend and you cant beat the prices anywhere.
Quote by eh96
it is amazingly reliable man dont listen to other people. My friend got his les paul from there and had troubles from there and we have got shirts and music books and lots of others things from it and have no problems and it has come within like a week. Good service i have no complaints or worries with using musicians friend and you cant beat the prices anywhere.

If you used readable English would that post make more sense?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I've haven't order from them in a while but the times I've ordered something, I never have problems.
I have a Casio Privia and is definitely a great keyboard. When I was shopping for my keyboard I researched yamahas, casios, roland, and some others and I chose casio because it had the features I was looking for BUT it depends what YOU are looking for so you'll have to narrow down the features you want and take your pick, but I do recommend the casio they have good keyboards.
Pretty good experiences here. Small stuff, and a guitar. No problems with the small stuff, but the guitar was kinda weird. They just sent it in the manufacturer's box, which had almost no protection. However, if I were to return it, I was supposed to double box it. Didn't care much for that. Shipping/processing was pretty fast though, and customer service seems good too.
I've been shopping at Musicians Friend for almost 3 solid years... never had a problem. In fact, whenever there was a little issue they fixed it with almost no questions asked... for example- my bass guitar which I purchased there a year ago, over the summer the switches and pots started making crackling noises whenever I adjusted anything. Took it to my local shop and they said to call MF.. so I did. They offered me a brand new bass with no questions after I explained the situation briefly.

Also, not their fault but at Christmas last year one item was back ordered until February. MF sent me a 20% off coupon on my next purchase.

As for the keyboard, I have a casio ctk-1000... older model but I love it dearly. We bought my cousin the Casio LK-100 for Christmas from MF...
Quote by eh96

Jiberish?
Quote by SteveHouse
If you used readable English would that post make more sense?

its called the amazing run on sentence and it doesnt use any punctuation the kids of today are doing it and its pretty hip i even work with some people who do the same thing and it frustrates the crap out of me because its very hard to read their sentences
Quote by KG6_Steven
its called the amazing run on sentence and it doesnt use any punctuation the kids of today are doing it and its pretty hip i even work with some people who do the same thing and it frustrates the crap out of me because its very hard to read their sentences

Methinks you forgot to misspell half the words, but good job anyway.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Musician's Friend has always been nice to me
TIP WITH Casios: do NOT get a cheap one. If you're going to go Casio, get a good model
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
i ordered my first guitar/amp combo from them. Despite blizzards and flights being halted it still got here in 3 days WITH a 25$ gift card....

i was gonna get an Ibanez RG thingymabober it backordered and got discontinued though, but not their fault.

Reliable, and most orders they pay for shipping.
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Quote by Silent_Crow13
Do you pay tax on MF?

"We are required to collect sales tax on all orders shipped to Utah, Indiana, Missouri, and Washington State. If you are shipping item to any one of these states then you will be charged the local sales tax rates."
Quote by Babelfish
"We are required to collect sales tax on all orders shipped to Utah, Indiana, Missouri, and Washington State. If you are shipping item to any one of these states then you will be charged the local sales tax rates."

YAY I'm tax free
i bought an amazing SG custom from them. it was cheaper than everywhere else and they shipped it very fast.
I ordered my Damien seven from them and we never were given the $70 case we ordered with it. Dad paid for it. Plus we ordered it in october so I could hopefully get it for christmas. I recieved the guitar in March.
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
I LOVE the Friend! I haven't ordered much from them, but I'm gonna order my Blackheard Handsome Devil after Christmas once I've collected a healthy enough sum of gift cards/cash for it

Also, I make frequent trips to Kansas City, and my cousin's house about 30 minutes away. The KC distribution center AND the MF Clearance Warehouse is on the way! That place is awesome. You can get a $2000 Gibson acoustic with some easily repairable damage for about $400-500! Then there are the ones with the headstock completely snapped off, but that can be fixed too. I fully intend on going there to find a sweet deal on an American Standard Strat sometime.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
They've been good to me. 2 days after I received a $600 guitar the price dropped $50. So I called and they gave me $50 back. No fuss. That made me pretty happy.

Other then that, they ship in a timely manner and anything I received from them was not damaged in anyway. Musicians Friend is a good company. Have no fear.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by Paroxysm
Music123 is giving a 15% discount on all order items

Seriously? I'm on the site right now. I put the components for a Blackheart Handsome Devil Half-Stack in my cart but it's going full price on me.

EDIT: Nevermind. Missed the ad on the homepage. How's 123's reliability?

EDIT2: Crap, the Blackheart stuff doesn't qualify. Oh well, with 2 blems I can still get a half stack for less than a combo
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Dec 6, 2008,
Musicians friend is great, besides, if you find a price lower than theirs and can give them a link, and they'll match or beat the price
Page 1 of 2