a family friend of mine has gave me his marshall valvestate 8080v for absolutely nothing but he did mention it needs a little fixing so i turned the amp on master volumme 3 and my ears nearly exploded i cant wait to hear with distortion i think it will explode lol but anyway back to the point:
the amp tends to crackle alot not as much as i cant understand what im playing but still quite a lot.
all i want to know is who can fix this and how much will it cost?
also is the valvestate actually valve or and solid state amp?

also i was thinking because the amp is TOO loud and it has no headphone output i might get a nice little practice amp and the valvestate will be used for gigs and other various stuff. i was thinking just for like a 15watt marshall mg just to practice at home is this the best option?
Last edited by paulseagull08 at Dec 5, 2008,
Guitar center can probably fix it or you have a S**t cable or your Guitar Electric components are Fu***d
The UN-exiled one.
It's valvestate, look at the word
It means it's solid state, with a single valve in the preamp, but it's hard to tell the difference from a regular SS
Odds are the crackling is either a dodgy lead or input, so check all those
As for a practice amp, you'd be better off with a Roland Cube
ohai little sig.
Ive got a Marshall AVT100X Valvestate and I can tell you now its a lot better than SS.
The tone isn't great, but it's definately a step up from complete SS.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.