The title pretty much says it all. It irks me to no end to have the bass turned all the way down and my guitar sounds more like a bass when hitting the low E string.

Anyone else have that problem?

WTF do I do to stop it?

Can you change the tube in the Vox I have? Or do I just need another amp?
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barack Obama

''Life's tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
do you play with your amp on the ground ? you'll loose a significant amount of low end if you put it up on a table or something.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Well i got a VOX DA15 And i too got the bassy sound, So i think i know what you mean i always have my low all the way down, And Mid - To 12 and then my Treble all the way to the right.
But i'm gonna try to put it on a table like MikeyElite said.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
removing the back panel solves this problem.
I tought the same thing about mine thats why i did it.

The VT's are very bassy, even putting the bass down dosent help much.

Just remove the back panel.
I have a Vox Ac15, it its rather bassy, it's probably a combo of your amp and guitar, looks like your Ibanez is similar to a Les Paul, which are bassy. like mikey says just lift it onto a chair or something
Quote by roshjosh
What settings are you using on your AD15VT?

I assume you mean where are the chicken heads???

I have had this amp for a few months now and I have had the knobs at every possible position. With the bass turned all the way down at every setting.
I can't do a whole hell of alot with the sound once it is set on one of the modeling sounds (AC30, UK70's, Boutique OD etc etc.) but damn...

It helps if I keep the gain turned down under 5 but once it gets lower than that, I might as well be playing on a freaking $25 10W solid state Fender. Just seems ridiculous.

Quote by mikeyElite
do you play with your amp on the ground ? you'll loose a significant amount of low end if you put it up on a table or something.

I might try that mikey. I actually have a small stand I could set the damn thing on.

I see I am not the only one here with these amps that have a similar problem. If the stand thing doesnt work, I will remove the back panel and see if that helps any.
I actually thought about doing that a couple months ago. Not sure where that thought went.

Quote by THEKID546
removing the back panel solves this problem.
I tought the same thing about mine thats why i did it.

The VT's are very bassy, even putting the bass down dosent help much.

Just remove the back panel.

Like I said, I am not sure why I havent already done that.

Thanks!

^no problem, it helps alot cause when you open the thing youll see why its so bassy.

Crappy particle wood

who new it would be bad for an amp.

You get what you pay for.

I really fell in love with mine after i removed it.
Put it on a table, remove the back panel and change the EQ settings. Or do a barrel roll, that generally works.
Quote by A Bad Guitarist
Or do a barrel roll, that generally works.

Suddenly I feel very noobish... Umm, what?

Quote by schismed
Suddenly I feel very noobish... Umm, what?

Why, a barrel roll! I'm surprised you have not heard of it. It's a common procedure in amplifier care.
Okay people I got it....

One: It was the back panel creating the echoing bass.
Two: I think it was too close to the wall.

Thanks for the help. I feel like I got a new amp now.
I actually have to turn the bass up a hair now.

the best thing you can do for a AD-VT series amp is get a quality speaker. I put a rajin cajun in my 30VT and it is like night and day. Muddy bass disappeared. My OD820 pedal sounds amazing. the models came to life. Back panel still on and on the floor. This is the #1 thing you can do for a vox ad series amp.

valvetronix.com
Quote by VPC
the best thing you can do for a AD-VT series amp is get a quality speaker. I put a rajin cajun in my 30VT and it is like night and day. Muddy bass disappeared. My OD820 pedal sounds amazing. the models came to life. Back panel still on and on the floor. This is the #1 thing you can do for a vox ad series amp.

valvetronix.com

I'll keep that in mind VPC. I am still trying to tame this 6 stringed beast and it is a long process for me since I dont think I possess any "natural" ability. Once I can actually play a little better I may look into swapping out the AD speaker. I just wanted the bass sound to go away. I was about to have to start taking meds...

dude I had the same problem. New speaker was $65 for me. Took me 5 mins to swap em. HUGE diff...
Quote by VPC
dude I had the same problem. New speaker was $65 for me. Took me 5 mins to swap em. HUGE diff...

Well after reading about those speakers and hearing sound clips as compared to what I have. I am onboard with changing my stock speaker. But I cant find that ragin cajin speaker in an 8. All I can find are the 10's.

But u did say that the problem was solved removing the back right ?
So i don't have to buy a speaker aswell ?

Cause i still haven't done it, But i will.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
Quote by G-loony
But u did say that the problem was solved removing the back right ?
So i don't have to buy a speaker aswell ?

Cause i still haven't done it, But i will.

Yes! The bassy problem has completely gone away now. I feel like I have a new amp. Really! Totally different sound coming from this little box! I just am not keen on leaving the back off of it and letting dust, or whatever else, wind up in the back of my amp.

It does sound great though. I just have heard now how it could sound with a better speaker and I am drooling...