Hi, I'm new to this site and I need some advice. I've been looking at a fender strat on www.ebay.com for $159 but don’t know if this will be good for me because I am new to the electric guitar world. It has the sound that I want but don’t know if it will last long. If you have any suggestions on a guitar that’s in my budget ($400 with amp and other accessories) that would be awesome! Thank you!
I got one. These things are built good, except for the trem arm. That broke off on mine. Everything else on it is built great.
Well, the First Act brand cost about 300$ for amp and guitar. The guitar has good sound, but It don't last to long. Mine lasted about two years. And the amp ain't very good on distortion. I'd buy a Yamaha or Fender. They are a lot cheaper then most Gibson guitars. And for the amp...try a Fender Frontman.
No guys, a Starcaster is a bad idea. Yamaha Pacifica is much better. And will last longer. As for an amp, it depends on what you play. Google "5 watt tube amps" and search some of those.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
No. With them you're just paying for the name fender.
If you want a cheap starter guitar get a Squier Strat.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Thanks for the help but I don’t want anything cheep in quality I'm looking for something that will last maybe a Fender Mexican made Strat I hear there pretty good for beginners. I'm looking for a Eric Clapton type sound maybe like his song Let it rain or I'm going left. Something along that line. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Quote by chip46
I would stay away from the Strat lookalike Starcasters. If you want a cheap Strat then look at a Squier or a MIM Strat. If you want a nice amp to round out the rest of your budget then checkout the Crate V series amps, they're tube and really cheap right now.

Yup. I have a MIM strat and a Crate V-18 and it sounds amazing
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by stratdud39
i think fender has a big problem with there whammy bars, my gold one just broke on sunday

Are you talking about Fender and not Squier, and are you talking about a Stratocaster or a Starcaster? There's a difference.

Quote by shredforbread33
No guys, a Starcaster is a bad idea. Yamaha Pacifica is much better. And will last longer. As for an amp, it depends on what you play. Google "5 watt tube amps" and search some of those.

If he's starting guitar, I wouldn't advise him to get a valve amp, to only find it's very fragile and high-maintenance.

Basically, I recommend a Yamaha Pacifica or a Squier Strat. Amp-wise, maybe a Roland Cube if it's not too expensive.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Get a Squier Strat!

I bought a Squier Strat because I wanted a cheap guitar to practice painting on it. Well, the paint job came out mint and I plug that $90 guitar in my amp --- and it sounds spectacular. Except for the feel of the neck, with the paint job on it no one would ever know it is not a $1,000 Strat. Believe me, I have a gorgeous Strat and now this Squier -- I love them both.
Yeah dude do not buy a Starcaster! Mine was 200$. Its Bad but its the only1 i have. Parts of it are chiping off, I had my wammy bar for about a week cause if your bend it a SLIGHT bit to hard it bends and eventually snapps. Mine was lucky cus it was unscrewed before i broke it. Bottom line. Get some other guitar. And my neck is screwed up

A7X

NOOB! LISTEN! Stop bumping dead threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray