I've been eyeing one of these. I've had a sucky Takamine that hardly has any "oomph" and volume. I need a replacement.

anyway i like the Little Martins because of them being travel friendly. but i have some questions (i have no ride to GC)
1) where is it made? since it's a Martin, shouldnt it be made in the USA? but that price...
2) is it really that good? i just cant help but want it! lol
3) how does an acoustic java mahogany/koa guitar sound?
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
They're probably MIM. Taylor makes the Baby Taylor, which is also MIM. If it sounds good to you and you want - buy it.

Koa has a nice sound to it. My son has a Koa Takemine and I've got a Koa Taylor T-5 - both have great sound. Koa is a nice sounding tonewood, usually found in acoustics.
I don't believe they're made in the US anymore. Mexico now, if I'm not mistaken. Anyways... I really wouldn't suggest one unless you're buying it as a smaller guitar for children or if you're buying it purely for the purpose of travelling. They're not exactly the best sounding guitars. You can do better for the price.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
The prices aren't really that low... Yes, it's a Martin, but made with subpar materials. Their laminate guitars are basically just baked hard grey gloop with a wood coloured sticker on it(no, im not kidding about the sticker).

For $500, I could buy an all solid wood Epiphone Masterbilt series guitar. They're seriously good guitars.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.