Poll: Do you.....
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you.....
enjoy them?
70 74%
still hate them?
40 43%
Voters: 94.
We all bash the trolls and spammers, but in reality, I for one, love them.

EXAMPLE

I get a good giggle out of seeing threads like this.

So vote.

Will you admit to having a soft spot for the trolls and spammers....

or continue to live the facade of hating them....

<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

I only like it when spam is funny. When it's pointless retardation like that example, not so much.
Damn the pit is fast.....

The poll is up now.

I realize there may be perceived irony in this thread, but its scientific, truly.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

I don't mind spammers/trolls as long as they're not hurting anyone.

However, I loathe the people who report them.

Er, your poll could maybe use an extra option or two.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Dec 5, 2008,
i only lold at the "dump ON her" part of that troll.
Which wsant by the troll.
You fail
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by Abunai X
I don't mind spammers/trolls as long as they're not hurting anyone.

However, I loathe the people who report them.

Why does nobody know that it's in the board rules to report spam?
You're*
Im not nominating the example (lol) as the best troll/spam thread ever.

I just happened to be reading that, had a cheap laugh, and made this thread.

There kinda is a kinda option, its a multichose poll so you can vote for the two if your stance is inbetween.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by Survivalism
Why does nobody know that it's in the board rules to report spam?

I just re-read the Spam section of the rules and I don't think I saw "You must report spam" in there, but I was skimming, so I may have skipped it.

Even if it is in there, I just don't see why it's necessary. If people think it's spam and wasting their time, they can just move on and ignore it. If other people think it's important enough to acknowledge and reply to, then I can't see why they shouldn't get to.
XIAOXI
They bring the lulz every now and then
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by buzz
Damn the pit is fast.....

The poll is up now.

I realize there may be perceived irony in this thread, but its scientific, truly.

Your poll allows for multiple choices. So we can hate it and like it?
Some trolls are hilarious, like Teegman.
I hate spam though.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
One of the good trolls I remember witnessing on the pit was the user who posted random stories about his "chav posse", and how god damn tough they were, beating up people and stuff. He even posted a picture of a posse posing, with ridiculous names and descriptions for each member.

Cookies for links to the threads.
Quote by Abunai X
I just re-read the Spam section of the rules and I don't think I saw "You must report spam" in there, but I was skimming, so I may have skipped it.

Even if it is in there, I just don't see why it's necessary. If people think it's spam and wasting their time, they can just move on and ignore it. If other people think it's important enough to acknowledge and reply to, then I can't see why they shouldn't get to.

So, then can't you just ignore the fact that people report things? It's more annoying to me when people complain about things being reported. There are more important things to worry about than a closed thread on a message board.
You're*
Sometimes they are funny. Sometimes they are retarded.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
any links to threads such as mine??

*awaits links*
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

My favourite one is about the guy who convinced a 15 year old to have sex with him by giving her two N64 games and then used melted butter as lube.... Good times.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by gnrliesmanlies
yea like most people sometimes i love em.

i wish vader, darth was back .....

He was the funniest troll on here too
^did he get banned? like permabanned?

i like them but only because of the small amount we get because its forbidden. like if you go to " a certain unnamed site" where trolling is pissing into an ocean of piss it gets old. but every now and then someone posts some pretty damn good spam
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Quote by Survivalism
So, then can't you just ignore the fact that people report things? It's more annoying to me when people complain about things being reported. There are more important things to worry about than a closed thread on a message board.

You have a point, but I just feel that ignoring spam/trolling is better. Why go out of your way to ruin other's fun? There is a choice: take part or don't. I just don't think it's very fair of reporters to take that away from other people just because they find it annoying.

There may be more important things to worry about than a closed thread on a message board but I also think there are more things to worry about than trying to irritate other people by reporting them.

I won't continue this because I'm terrible at arguing and neither of us cares enough about what the other thinks to change our views. :\
XIAOXI
Quote by gun4hire
^did he get banned? like permabanned?

idk but i hope he comes back one day. what he said in the union jake thread was priceless
^the thing about Jabba? that was great

wait a minute, is it just me or is something off on the percentages on the poll?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Quote by heavenbesideyou
idk but i hope he comes back one day. what he said in the union jake thread was priceless

What'd he say?!
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by b4t3man
What'd he say?!

if its what i recall its something like

"Jabba did this once when we were watching Gremlins. I found it...disturbing."
Quote by Sonicxlover
Is it just me or does it seem like there is more stupidity and spam going around on UG over the past week?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
yeah i like them some were pretty funny i remember one were i guy found out his girlfriend used to be a man and he was turned on because of it and all stuff like that