I've decided i am going to write and record a concept album to release this month.(i release a cd every couple months.) And well, this is the first time i have ever attempted to write one. My questions are:

1)have any of you guys written an album like this?
2)Did you write a basic storyline first?
3)did you write it in order(beginning to end)

thanks. just looking for some know how on the subject.

EDIT:
well i've gotten somewhat off a concept and my first song written. but hmmm...where to go. What do you think of having UG choose where to go in a series of polls and **** for each song? like i wrote my first song about a son who is neglected by his mother, so ill throw up a poll on here and ask ug to vote on what comes next? sound like a good idea?
Last edited by GodofGuitar1991 at Dec 6, 2008,
I think its guna be hard to write the story/concept, record it, and release it all in one month.
Figure out your concept first, and then worry about the individual songs. What's a concept album without a good concept?

I guess my answer is "basic storyline" out of your options up there.
I have written 2 concept albums, the only problem you might have is that I didn't focus on writting them. It's just that, during some time, some of my lyrics tend to fit together quite good, and in that way, without thinking, I made two of them. Of course, if you focus on writing it, it might be harder than you expect, but yes. The first thing to do is to find a concept. It was not what I did but a concept wasn't my goal.
story board it before you write too many songs

just think of an ending or an opener, place a few twists in the story or some intresting/strange things in your music and fill in the blanks

thats how im doing it
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .