So I have had this guitar since april and I love it but just a hour or so ago it just started buzzing. It wasn't my amp or the pedals I checked that first. The input thing seems to be messed up. like off center.

I tried moving it and tightening it but nothing seems to get it to work :/

Suggestions?
Open up the back of your guitar and check if one of the wires attached to the jack has come loose.
no
You mean I have to open up my guitar?

I better be carefull I think I would die without my guitar.
its not rocket science bro, relax and get a phillips head...
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by ilovemySG
its not rocket science bro, relax and get a phillips head...

anything electrical is rocket science 2 me...........................................................................
Dude, I've completely re-wired my guitar just flying by the seat of my pants. Guitars are wire and wood, they're pretty hard to irreparably screw up. Open up the back plate, unscrew the outside part of the jack, and pull the jack through to see if anything is loose. If it is, you found it! If not, put it back.
no
hey guys,

this kids a tad. off.

agreed?
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
er ok I opened my guitar up and there is a red wire and a black wire. the black wire is not attached. I am assuming this is the problem.

How do I re-attach it?
Quote by rockfan7
er ok I opened my guitar up and there is a red wire and a black wire. the black wire is not attached. I am assuming this is the problem.

How do I re-attach it?

Solder it back.

If you need any help regarding the rest of your guitar's wiring, check the Ibanez site; they have diagrams for a lot of their models.

You could let a pro do it, but keep in mind that re soldering a wire is a simple five minute operation and that taking your guitar to a guitar tech isn't the cheapest option.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Dec 6, 2008,
Quote by bucky_2300
Dude, I've completely re-wired my guitar just flying by the seat of my pants. Guitars are wire and wood, they're pretty hard to irreparably screw up. Open up the back plate, unscrew the outside part of the jack, and pull the jack through to see if anything is loose. If it is, you found it! If not, put it back.

unless you dont have a backplate and the wiring is in a little cavity, like my dot
-Jake Blackwood
Quote by guitar351
unless you dont have a backplate and the wiring is in a little cavity, like my dot

Yeah thats what I have......