So I need a P.A. for singing. If i got a microphone that could plug into a guitar amp, would that work? Does it have to be an actual P.A. system?
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
you can do that for practices.

expect feedback, so put the mic far from the amp, start with on zero, and point the amp away from the singer.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If it's a fairly clean amp, it could. I'm not sure if it's technically safe, but I've done it with practice amps and just ran it as clean as I could get it. But you'd be better off with even a small PA combo.

Some amps have aux in or mic in, if your amp has that then you'd be fine.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
get a roland kc series amp if you want to deal with a pa, or if you do, mackie pa's are decent
ok a little bit more info i wasnt expecting that many replies

1) it's a new band, i just need something to get my voice over for practices, almost any place we play around here has a house p.a. system i could probably use
2) i finally replaced the Line 6 Spider II with a Peavey Classic 30 for guitar orgasms. I heard somewhere the Line 6 was pretty versatile for stuff like that, would the Line 6 do it?
Quote by i(ncubus)play
ok a little bit more info i wasnt expecting that many replies

1) it's a new band, i just need something to get my voice over for practices, almost any place we play around here has a house p.a. system i could probably use
2) i finally replaced the Line 6 Spider II with a Peavey Classic 30 for guitar orgasms. I heard somewhere the Line 6 was pretty versatile for stuff like that, would the Line 6 do it?

Same here, how would the line 6 work? I was thinking the same idea since i have a spider that I don't use
Agile ps 900
Washburn Wi
Rogue bass

all running through podfarm platinum XD
i'm not sure about using a guitar amp for PA, but i know that my first PA system was 80 watts and cranked it couldn't really be heard over our drummer, granted, he hits really really hard... my 30 watt MG (crap) cranked couldn't even get over him...

so i don't see how a 15 watt guitar amp with a mic could be loud enough for a band practice
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
you plug it in on clean try it out like said. should get over in practice, prop it up on something to help hear it.

all guitar amps sound crappy, it being line 6 isnt a benefit. you just need something to make the mic loud. without too much feedback.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

i heard a couple of good reports about the phonics. maybe you guys can pitch in a bit more go at least one up wattage wise,
in case you get a party gig. it'll always come in handy.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Yeah, the bass player is against pitching in for one, as he thinks we can just use a house P.A. wherever we play. But I need to get used to singing with one, and plus there's the off chance there may be unorthodox gigs that don't have a P.A.