How would you get the best blues tone out of my amp (below in my sig)?

I really like the tone in this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg2T3R48HuY

What I always do is just mids around 8, bass low, treble low, and rhythm pickup /w tone around 4. but it could sound better.

suggestions?
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Play around with it, you're never going to be able to dial in a particular tone if you just ask us how to do it. Besides there are plenty of different blues tones, so just saying "blues tone" really doesn't mean a thing.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Turn your gain up to just before it clips for a big, fat, bluesy tone.
It might also help to get a single-coil guitar.
EDIT: For overdriven blues, a good fuzz would be a valuable asset.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Last edited by Underjoggle at Dec 5, 2008,
my friend plays a lot of blues and he uses a Boss Blues Driver pedal

Sounds Amazing
has a nice fat tone
The UN-exiled one.
Using more neck than bridge too. Or all neck and no bridge.
I'm assuming that the Agile is a Les Paul.
I like, for blues rock, gain around 4 or less, with treble at 10, mids at 10, and bass at 7. you then use the neck pickup with the tone at 7 or 8.
Gain 4 or less, treble at 5, bass at 8, and mids at 8 sounds good with either the neck pickup, tone at 5-7, or both pickups, tone at 10 but neck volume at 5. Seriously check those out, if they're off try messing around with those areas a little, you can get some great sounds. Don't forget to crank your amp.
Quote by SaulnierE
I'm assuming that the Agile is a Les Paul.
I like, for blues rock, gain around 4 or less, with treble at 10, mids at 10, and bass at 7. you then use the neck pickup with the tone at 7 or 8.
Gain 4 or less, treble at 5, bass at 8, and mids at 8 sounds good with either the neck pickup, tone at 5-7, or both pickups, tone at 10 but neck volume at 5. Seriously check those out, if they're off try messing around with those areas a little, you can get some great sounds. Don't forget to crank your amp.

I'll try these, thanks!
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Well I am going to be an elitist and say there's no such thing as a blues tone, only a blues feel...

But besides that, the guy in the video has a single coil equipped guitar. I think it sounds better if you crank your amp and have the gain up PAST where it clips or gets heavy, then bring it back with the guitar volume.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Underjoggle
Turn your gain up to just before it clips for a big, fat, bluesy tone.
It might also help to get a single-coil guitar.
EDIT: For overdriven blues, a good fuzz would be a valuable asset.

Fuzz...? An OD pedal would be much better...
2007 American Deluxe Strat
Crate Palomino V32 - 1x12
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
Quote by Deep*Kick
Well I am going to be an elitist and say there's no such thing as a blues tone, only a blues feel...

But besides that, the guy in the video has a single coil equipped guitar. I think it sounds better if you crank your amp and have the gain up PAST where it clips or gets heavy, then bring it back with the guitar volume.

If there's no such thing as a blues tone, then Stevie Ray Vaughn and David Gilmour sound the same as Metallica and Iron Maiden to you?

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by Pauldapro
If there's no such thing as a blues tone, then Stevie Ray Vaughn and David Gilmour sound the same as Metallica and Iron Maiden to you?

of course not, they aren't playing the blues.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by SaulnierE
then what are they playing?

Dude did you just ask what Iron Maiden and Metallica are playing?
Quote by SaulnierE
then what are they playing?

Metal.
He meant Metallica aren't playing the blues, genius.

TS, if it's settings you want, get to the ultimate settings thread.
Turn the thing up
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
He talking the truth, theres no such thing as a blues tone, because no blues guitarist ever has the exact same tone.

Some Blues guitarists have a muddy overdriven tone, whereas some have a clean sound.

There isn't a Metal tone.
There isn't a Punk tone.
There isn't a Classic Rock tone.
etc...

There are similar traits in tones, but there is no definitive, no matter the genre.
Although alot of the metal tones do sound similar
Quote by Skirvy
He talking the truth, theres no such thing as a blues tone, because no blues guitarist ever has the exact same tone.

Some Blues guitarists have a muddy overdriven tone, whereas some have a clean sound.

There isn't a Metal tone.
There isn't a Punk tone.
There isn't a Classic Rock tone.
etc...

There are similar traits in tones, but there is no definitive, no matter the genre.
Although alot of the metal tones do sound similar

Really? Would you like to play me some acoustic thrash? Or maybe some folk, but preferably through a 6505 with an EMG loaded BC Rich. Could you do that? There's no denying that certain genres of music warrant certain tonal characteristics, it just so happens that some are far more diverse than others.
Quote by Rock Pig
Really? Would you like to play me some acoustic thrash? Or maybe some folk, but preferably through a 6505 with an EMG loaded BC Rich. Could you do that? There's no denying that certain genres of music warrant certain tonal characteristics, it just so happens that some are far more diverse than others.

I think he means that, yeah, most metal will be distorted with scooped mids, most jazz won't, etc. but that nobody uses exactly the same tone settings, which is true. Otherwise you're telling me that every heavy metal guitarist uses the same guitar, amp, settings, pedals, etc.
neck pickup
reverb
small amount of gain
lots of mids
lots of treble
cut back on the bass A SMALL AMOUNT
turn down the tone knob halfway
Well, of course tone is subjective. The kind of blues tone I like is the humbucker variety. Thick and ballsy.

Crank your mids and bass, cut back on the treble. You can use either neck or bridge pickups, but if you're using the bridge, roll off the treble a little bit using your guitars tone control.

You will need plenty of volume to thicken everything up.
Quote by Rock Pig

How bout you learn to read? and then learn to stop being an idiot.