Hey guys. My parents are getting me a new amp for christmas, The thing is I dont really know what to get. I plan to go up to guitar center soon and try some diffrent amps out see what I'd like, I just want your guys opinion on some amps. I play all kinds of music ranging from The Who to Cannibal Corpse so Id want something that has some balls to it, but yet I'd still be able to get a nice bassy sound out of it. My price range is 500-600$ Even suggest some pedals if you want.

Help is appriciated!
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
A marshall Stack (tubed) is always a good choice

haven't regretted buying mine it packs a punch and is ****ing loud bwahaha
Quote by Happy-Tom
A marshall Stack (tubed) is always a good choice

haven't regretted buying mine it packs a punch and is ****ing loud bwahaha

I'll definatly try out a couple Marshalls. Loud is what I need!
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
well marshall will give loudness and you can adjust it to have a muddy, dark, deep, clean, grunge sound lol

make sure you go for tubes its a bit more expensive but its so much more worth it
is happy tom in the right forum?
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
I recommend Ashdown for that kind of sound. My MAG can get a vintage-like sound that the brand is known for on default settings, but flick on the bright switch and EQ some high mids and you've got yourself a clacky, growly metal tone that cuts through the mix like a hot knife through butter.
Quote by Ivanator
I recommend Ashdown for that kind of sound. My MAG can get a vintage-like sound that the brand is known for on default settings, but flick on the bright switch and EQ some high mids and you've got yourself a clacky, growly metal tone that cuts through the mix like a hot knife through butter.

I was looking into some of those. Definatly what Im looking for.
Quote by metalcore123

I'm bringing farts back!
+1 i have a MAG300 as well its real great
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Any links guys?
Quote by metalcore123

I'm bringing farts back!
also try and go for the EVO II ones. they are the new updated versions of the ashdowns and come with a in built compressor as well

and im pretty sure that if you wanted you could add a 15" later on
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by sonsie
also try and go for the EVO II ones. they are the new updated versions of the ashdowns and come with a in built compressor as well

and im pretty sure that if you wanted you could add a 15" later on

My guitarist was telling me to look into those. Ill check those out too.
Quote by metalcore123

I'm bringing farts back!
ok kool good luck with your search for an amp. just dont got for any behringers
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Yeah I never really planned to. There alright but not what Im looking for.
Quote by metalcore123

I'm bringing farts back!
Fender Bassman 250. Loud, sounds wonderful. Can go from warm and smooth to bright and agressive. . Avalible as 2x10's or a 1x15, whatever floats your boat.
Quote by Captain Insano
Fender Bassman 250. Loud, sounds wonderful. Can go from warm and smooth to bright and agressive. . Avalible as 2x10's or a 1x15, whatever floats your boat.

I was also peeking around at those amps. Im definatly interested in them.
Quote by metalcore123

I'm bringing farts back!