I'm currently working on learning the solo from Another Brick in the Wall (pt 2) which has quite a few full bends in it. I don't have a problem bending to the right pitch or anything, but when I bend my G string for example the D and A strings tend to want to go right under my fingernail. Now this is quite painful. Is something wrong with my technique? Should the strings be going under my fingernail like that? Or do I just need more practice for my skin to harden and get used to it?
You have to practice so they don't end up under your nail. When the strings go under your nail you're pretty much assured to get unwanted string noise. Just keep working at it.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
I just tried to do that and I can't even see how its possible to make the strings go under your fingernail. My nails are nowhere close, no matter what position they're in. My finger nail slid under the strings, but usually I just bend the other strings.
Last edited by The Raven at Dec 5, 2008,
Well, I'm bending a note with my third finger with my second on the fret behind it to help me get the full bend and it's usually the second finger thats gets the worst of it. Theres no string noise either(at the speed I'm practicing), it's just the thicker strings digging into the the soft fleshy part of my hand. Quite the painful sensation. I'm taking a break until tomorrow, but I just wanted to make sure there was nothing funky going on with my technique.
Last edited by caek at Dec 5, 2008,
Iunno man, if anything it sounds like you need to cut your nails. A pic of one of your bends would probably help.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Garou1911
Iunno man, if anything it sounds like you need to cut your nails. A pic of one of your bends would probably help.

this could be helpful
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all
cut your nails man.
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type