I don't like it to be honest. IMESHO there are things that are weird because that's how the artist expresses things and there are things that are weird to be weird. This seems like something that's weird to be retarded.
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
i didn't think it was very weird... it's a pretty standard punk/hc formula. play fast, play slow, stop, play fast.
I'VE GOT A NEW ROSE.
I was going off of listening to about half of the first two songs. Upon listening a little more I feel that there are moments of goodness, but also things I don't like plus the quality equals shit. What are you using to record?
EDIT: I can't say too much though. I'm in this band (which I've finally convinced t play something other than lo-fi ****ty BM.
I only am in one song playing guitar, yes I know the lines are simple: I'ts a simple song.
The song I'm playing guitar on is dead by dawn, the other songs I had absolutely nothing to do with.
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Last edited by highlordmugfug at Dec 5, 2008,
by comparison to the last two songs, the quality is as clear as fine crystal. haha. but i know what you mean. it's kind of myspace's fault, they compress it for streaming. plus i make some ridiculous errors.
isn't dead by dawn a showbread song?
I'VE GOT A NEW ROSE.
Sorry if this becomes a double post, but I'm supposed to be getting together with the vocalist tommorow and hopefully we are going to lay down some better tracks. I've convinced them to do more complicated stuff (now that they have a guitarist that is capable ) as well as a wider variety of genres and such.
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
and i'm using a pair of low end peavey xlr mics through a m-audio mobilepre. (usb).
mixing is hell, cuz i'm cheap and use audacity.
I'VE GOT A NEW ROSE.
Well my computer really doesn't like it, I got 5 seconds into the first song and it said something about Internet Explorer needing to shut down.
Quote by childofsin
by comparison to the last two songs, the quality is as clear as fine crystal. haha. but i know what you mean. it's kind of myspace's fault, they compress it for streaming. plus i make some ridiculous errors.

I don't know. I've never heard of that band before: Also, I ony wrote the guitar part for that song, he came up with the lyrics and title while I wasn't there.
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by childofsin

I told you I was changing them. Those last two were done LONG before I became part of the band.
Quote by childofsin
and i'm using a pair of low end peavey xlr mics through a m-audio mobilepre. (usb).
mixing is hell, cuz i'm cheap and use audacity.

I use Audacity for most of my stuff. The vocalist mixed that song and I forget what he used. Some freeware, but I'm not sure if it was Audacity or not. Props for getting music made regardless of whether it's my cup of tea or not btw.
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
i was talking about the last two songs of mine, not yours. hAA.
link to them?
I'VE GOT A NEW ROSE.
that's a seven string, right?
guitar is good, but...
your drummer is... worse than me...
and way too much effects on the singer's vocals.
I'VE GOT A NEW ROSE.
Yeah a seven string.
The drummer is the vocalist's drum programming.
The vocalist mixed the track.
Nothing that's not amazing can be traced back to me!
BWA HA HA!
Thanks by the way.
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Last edited by highlordmugfug at Dec 6, 2008,
I listened to a little bit... it sounds more like noise than music :P . I can hear the drums going off tempo, which is kind of funny. Still sounds better than anything I make though. I don't have anything to suggest because I don't know how to do your style of "music" :P
yeah, it's a pretty serious issue. i'm working on it. but it's really hard to play along when there's lag in the monitors. 80 ms of lag, to be exact. plus i suck at drums, never took lessons. also the drum heads are on the point of breaking. i've already switched the top and bottom heads and now the bottom heads are wearing out.
I'VE GOT A NEW ROSE.
You can always just play along to how you hear it and shift the track so it matches up later.

Oh I just noticed you said you're using Audacity. If you don't want to/can't spend any money, I guess it's all right, but honestly it is downright terrible for editing music and you will not be able to reach full editing potential with it.