I have been playing on my RG570 for about three years and I wanted a different sound, so I decided that I'm gonna buy an acoustic for around $300-500.

But I need a little help...

The sound that I am looking for is definitely not a warm one.
I little bit to the bright side, but not too much.
It would have to be very punchy though.

The specs would be a thin neck (could be a bit bigger than the wizard neck from my RG).
Good setup also, meaning low action... Some guitars have a huge action, and it's not because of the strings height, but because of the neck angle and bow not properly setup.

Cosmetics I don't really care...
Cutaways or not, doesn't matter...
Acoustic or Electic/Acoustic doesn't matter either...

So, do you guys have any suggestions? ;D
AH! I would like to buy a new one also.
for a midrange quality one
you could check out the fender DG series
they are pretty good balanced with the bright punch being favored
and they're pretty good in price too
action on the one i played at the local GC was really good

i dont know if youre into fender at all
but i'd say a good one is worth the money
Meh...Fender acoustics aren't exactly what I would be looking for. Good tone and all, but you can do much better in sound and quality in your price range.

That being said, Alvarez, Takamine, and Epiphone Masterbuilt are your best friends in this price range if you can bump your budget up to about $600. There are other good brands, but no models or makes really come to mind right now. Sorry.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I just bought a Yamaha Apx500. 300 dollars even. Its a great guitar, it has extremely low action, almost like an electric, very slim body (I had to buy a hollow-body elec. case for it because its so thin) yet it still produces great acoustic sound. Good pre-amp and electronics. If you have the money I' buy and apx700 or 900 though, they have better pickup systems, and look a little more stylish.

It doesn't have what I would call a warm tone either. Its more bright and ringing if you know what I mean. Sustain is good too. I recommend testing one out though, might be what you want, might not.
Don't need a gun to blow your mind.
I saw a video on Epiphone Masterbuilt and I really liked their sound... But their starting price is $599.99. A bit high for just a guitar for me to have fun.

I also saw a videon on the Yamaha APX, but I don't know if it was the 500... Prolly the 900. =\
I really liked it too!

Imma go check them out today at GC.
Any other suggestions?
breedlove, seagull, guild and yamaha are all good brands to look at, try them all out tho, see what feels good
Quote by HeadacheBR
I saw a video on Epiphone Masterbuilt and I really liked their sound... But their starting price is $599.99. A bit high for just a guitar for me to have fun.

I also saw a videon on the Yamaha APX, but I don't know if it was the 500... Prolly the 900. =\
I really liked it too!

Imma go check them out today at GC.
Any other suggestions?

I played a Masterbuilt at my local GC today. It was $499.

I didn't really like the fretboard though. It felt too...flat. But that's just my personal preference
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Hi,

Well I've been playing for about 4-5 years now and about 2 years ago I went out to buy a good acoustic guitar. Well I would recommend the Ashton SL29CEQ. For starters when I have people over they ask me what type of guitar I have and when I say Ashton they go "awww thats a bad guitar" but when I show it to them they love it. Most Ashton guitars are fairly bulky but this one is fantastic!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Went to GC yesterday and tried out all the guitars included here, and some others that I don't have enough money for... lol

The result? I fell in love with this Fender DG100... The best part? $249.99!

When I tried it, I didn't even looked at the price. I thought to myself "Dude, this guitar must be at least $1000". It was so perfect, the sound, the action, the size for my hands... Then I looked at the price... I almost cried! lol

So yea, Fender DG100 is the one for me ;D