I want to upgrade my B 52 AT 112 to the 212, pretty much BC it has a better tone and i can get a good deal on it.

However, I may not have the room for it since i am off to college next year.

Do any of u know if the 212 will fit?
depends on what dorm you will live in..

i'm surprised you got in to college, it's called LIVE not LICE

anywho, it's not really a question of whether it will fit, but will you be able to PLAY it.

there's gonna be people living inches away from you, so you can't play loud at all. i wouldn't do it, if anything, downgrade. if you MUST have the 212, then leave it at home and bring a practice amp to college.

plus, be worried about it being stolen
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Im currently in college myself and i have a bunch of stuff. including a fender deville 212. So i'd say you're good to go. plus i play pretty loud all the time. just not late at night and early in the morning. ppl dont seem to care. plus here everyone else is always loud anyway. ppl in college are ignorant. including me, playing my 212 deville at decently loud volumes. and as long as you lock your door all the time or keep it under your bed out of sight then you shouldnt have it stolen on you.
Excuse me while I kiss the sky...
Last edited by sflorick at Dec 5, 2008,
i guess ur right......i just play for fun, its just that i have an opportunity on a great deal on a 212.....ill stick with the 112 i guess.
Quote by sflorick
Im currently in college myself and i have a bunch of stuff. including a fender deville 212. So i'd say you're good to go.

i dunno, the college that i, hopefully, will go to is super friendly and has ROTC students in the same area.........

btw nice sig, my class is playing a Hendrix compilation next week. ha
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^Ha

i was getting ready to report this thread

why do you need a 212 all of the sudden and why are you asking us if it will 'fit'. How would we know? My guess is you don't need it. Do you gig too?

i dont gig, its just that its such a JUICY deal!
if i were you id take the deal. but then again music is going to be my livelyhood lol. granted ill probably be living in a cardboard box or in my parents house because being a musician is not a good moneymaker. i just love it too much tho.
Excuse me while I kiss the sky...
at title of thread. It depends on where your dorms are and how big the school dorms are.
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
There was a AT212 selling for $299 in Spokane about a year ago. That was a pretty killer deal.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
If you can get the 212 for a good deal then go for it.

JUST KNOW ITS EFFING HEAVY!

Holy crap, if you thought the 112 was heavy wait till you try and pick that beast up.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
^haha, i thought my 40 LB 112 was heavy, until i finally got around to get its casters
Buying the 212 version of an amp you already own is beyond stupid, you're better off just getting a good 2x12 cab. With good speakers.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Not if he already has a 112 combo and lices in a dorm

A good shampoo can fix that
^ that or get the 212 and crank it up so you can scare the lice into flea-ing and then get yourself kicked out

Sorry TS. Seriously, make a profit or turn a friend on but you've already got overkill unless your are going to a college of music.
i had a 4x12 in college and my roomies didn't mind that i had large cab in a room plus we had the largest dorm on campus.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
I've cranked my 212. Its intense.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo