Hi!
I just got a new Bugera 333xl 212 combo. On the back there is an impedance switch for 4ohms, 8ohms, and 16ohms. Which one do I select? Im only using the internal speakers.

The speakers both say that they are 8ohms, I think theyre wired in series.

Please help me, I wanna play my new amp!?
^ The speakers from the combo connect to the same inputs a cab would connect to
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Nope... It is definately part of it! the speakers plug into the slot next to it...
the 16ohm button says internal next to it. Would I be right in assuming that I hsould use this
If they're wired in series, you can select 4, 8 or 16. I won't matter. Just remember this: Never connect speakers that have a lower impedance than your amp can handle. You can always run speakers rated higher than the switch is set to on your amp.
16ohms. Read the manual, jesus.

Proof from the manual (I got this from the internet, I don't even own a Bugera yet.)

CAUTION: The loudspeakers in the combos are connected in series. This results in a 16 ohms impedance.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
By the way, before you even start playing it, I really reccomend you go into that thing, and hand solder the transfomer-lead cable, because It's connected with a clip, and easily blows.

This is the leading cause of Bugera amp complaints.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K
By the way, before you even start playing it, I really reccomend you go into that thing, and hand solder the transfomer-lead cable, because It's connected with a clip, and easily blows.

This is the leading cause of Bugera amp complaints.

Not really.

It just happens to be something that occurs once everything else fails. I still believe it's due to incorrect stock biasing.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Cool thanks everyone! And I did read the manual!! I just didnt read that bit...
Quote by KG6_Steven
If they're wired in series, you can select 4, 8 or 16. I won't matter. Just remember this: Never connect speakers that have a lower impedance than your amp can handle. You can always run speakers rated higher than the switch is set to on your amp.

What?

If they're wired in series he's connecting a 16 ohm load. Playing that amp using the 4 ohm tap with a 16 ohm load will fry the OT.
Quote by al112987
What?

If they're wired in series he's connecting a 16 ohm load. Playing that amp using the 4 ohm tap with a 16 ohm load will fry the OT.

Get this right...or you WILL fry your transformer:

8 ohms x 8 ohms series = 16 ohms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.marktaw.com/recording/Electronics/OhmsAmpsandSpeakers.html

...and...You do NOT want cut off any clips until your warranty is expired.

What you DO want to do is click on the link in my Sig, where I show how to go thru this amp after you buy it. Nothing I mention will void your warranty but it may prevent a disaster.

Definitely check the ground screw on the chasis coming from your tranformer...I got a FULL 2 1/2 turns on mine!!!!!!! This probably what has burned up the others cliplead.

Once your warranty expires, there are a few simple mods that will make these amps more stable...I'll post those once MY warranty has expired.
Last edited by BeerChurch at Dec 6, 2008,
Quote by Guitargod12345
whatever your speakers are rated at.

Speaker CAB you mean.

In the combo there are TWO 8 ohm speakers wired in series (16 ohm load).

To cut the confusion:
Bugera combos run at 16 ohms.