Page 1 of 3
He's claiming that the band copied parts of 'If I Could Fly?' from the 'Is There Love In Space' album.

This isn't the first time that the band has been sued either.
Article
They should listen to Dylan.

Quote by Pat_s1t
Three cheers for Satch, for finally getting around to suing them.

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash

The first 4 notes of the chorus's are the same.

That is the extent of it.

If people always sued over 4 notes, Im not sure there would be any musicians left who arent in debt!
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda

The first 4 notes of the chorus's are the same.

That is the extent of it.

If people always sued over 4 notes, Im not sure there would be any musicians left who arent in debt!

Dylan would.
Wow this is so like 8 o'clock this morning
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
Quote by Doppelgänger
We know.

GIGANTIC thread in EG. So yeah, we know. Also, same chord progression/tempo/key.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
it's cool because i heard a mash up of the two song's on youtube and it made the coldplay song sound hella good.
"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks."
- Dr. Dre
Coldplay should sue themselves for ripping themselves off and making every song sound the same. Now THAT'S a story!
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Coldplay should sue themselves for ripping themselves off and making every song sound the same. Now THAT'S a story!

Or just sue themselves for sucking.
Quote by CaptainRon
Satriani.

As if he needs any more money.

Everybody already knows the songs sound exactly the same so the only thing he has to gain is money.

Oh, ya think?

Of course he's in it for the money! Coldplay is making profit off his song!
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Wow, it just donned on me after reading that article that Satch is 52 years old, he seems alot younger than that....

But to stay on topic, alot of music sound the same people shouldn't get so upset about that fact.
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
I'm not saying Coldplay intentionally used the same melody and chord progression as Joe, but they have been sued for this before so..................
People are always trying to fascinate themselves with their own intellect.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Or just sue themselves for sucking.

I like that idea very much!

A cookie for you sir.
People are always trying to fascinate themselves with their own intellect.
God, everybody's jumping on the bandwagon now, aren't they. Jesus, **** happens, in 500 years someone is going to make the same piece of music as someone else.
Quote by Cynoxx
Oh, ya think?

Of course he's in it for the money! Coldplay is making profit off his song!

Maybe Satriani should have written his song better, hed be making a profit!

I can't stand Satriani, for the record. I hate most instrumentals.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by CaptainRon
Yeah and it looks like Coldplay's version is the overall more liked version.

Coldplay has made more money off of the song for a reason.

How many purely instrumental songs are played on pop radio?
Quote by dubes216
Wow this is so like 8 o'clock this morning

it took me all day, but you just made me laugh XD
honestly, I have nothing against coldplay I lust think this is well deserved because they act as if their ideas are all their own, like thy're to good to steal some of someone else's ****. honestly, think of all the songs you listen to and try to tell me it doesn't inspire.
[font="Arial Blackeat my asshole... far more tasteful than kissing someone's ass[/FONT"]
Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Every band would have to do that then.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
it sounds alot like the singing is just following the dorian scale. not even satriani can trademark the second position of the major scale.

whatever, i dont like either band, or either song.
I have no opinion on this matter.
coldplay should dissipate

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
haha this is funny
i dont like coldplay
my mum likes coldplay so i have to listen to it every time she cleans or something cause she like to listen to music
so for that reason i hope satch wins!
Musically, it's not as if either person is playing something ridiculously uncommon or hard to think of on their own. Lets face it; it doesn't take a genius to write this music. Secondly, they don't even sound that similar. Thirdly, it's not as if this is a long melody with many notes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVadl4ocX0M

Look at the beginning. If someone "composed" the first 20 seconds before the second voice comes in, it's pretty hard to deny plagiarism. The Satriani v.s. Coldplay thing is over what? 6 notes?8 or 9 if you count some accents and trills thrown in for a more improv effect?

Last, Coldplay doesn't need to copy Satriani.

Satriani should get the fuck over it.
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
You know how I know your gay....

Every time I say I like Coldplay, somebody says this.
Page 1 of 3