The USA Kramer people have apparently decided that after 25 years of the good old fashioned Gibson USA 91TZ pickups in the Baretta's and the '80's Pacer's, they're finally going to go in a new direction. The website says they're talking about Seymour Duncan pickups(Like TB4's or Hot Rails) because they're more versatile and cheaper. I think it's ridiculous. What about you guys?
Kramer EVH 5150
'85 Kramer Baretta Reissue
Randall KH120RHS Hammet Stack
BOSS OD-20
BOSS GT-10
George Lynch Dragon Wah
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah
Quote by KramerUSA
The USA Kramer people have apparently decided that after 25 years of the good old fashioned Gibson USA 91TZ pickups in the Baretta's and the '80's Pacer's, they're finally going to go in a new direction. The website says they're talking about Seymour Duncan pickups(Like TB4's or Hot Rails) because they're more versatile and cheaper. I think it's ridiculous. What about you guys?

Uhh, first off Kramer NEVER used Gibson pickups in the 80's. Their choice were at first Schallers then they switched to Duncans in the mid 80's or so. Gibson owns Kramer now of course and they only started using the 91TZ for the Baretta reissue which is now discontinued so I don't know where you're getting your information about them using Gibson pickups for 25years sorry. The newest Kramer offering is the USA made Pacer Imperial which has 2 Gibson pickups http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=1328
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
What would be cool is if you could select one from 3 or 4 different pickups, like a Gibson one, a Duncan, or a DiMarzio.
CJ - That would be cool.

DSOTM - I just looked at the Gibson website. And I was wrong about the Gib pickups in 80's. They started mid-90's, so thank you, and used the 91TZ for the Baretta. Although, they're not all discontinued yet.
Kramer EVH 5150
'85 Kramer Baretta Reissue
Randall KH120RHS Hammet Stack
BOSS OD-20
BOSS GT-10
George Lynch Dragon Wah
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah