I don't gig, and i want a tube amp that can have great quality and can stay in bedroom volumes..

I know that 15 are low but i saw in a thread that 18 tube watts are 50 SS!!Don't know if it's true. .

Does it can?
Last edited by MetalMan-93 at Dec 6, 2008,
Yeah easily...its just tough to get a sweet tone at such a low volume...then again I only play with the boost pushed in...very nice amp though
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
yeah....as I suspected there was no info on fender.com.

they are def out there. Keep asking or search up in top right as the NOS version may have different tubes. Otherwise, it is prolly all cosmetics.

Edit: wrong frickin thread

*copy/paste*
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Dec 6, 2008,
Look into a Blackheart Killer Ant, or a Fender Champion 600/Gretsch G5222. 15 watts is going to be loud for a bedroom amp. Most of my 5 watters are actually too loud for bedroom playing. Although I think it really depends on your playing style, do you want break-up, or just clean tube compression?
Depends on what you consider bedroom volume. It should be fine though.

I was playing my school's Blues Junior on Thursday and we managed to turn it up full. It was loud but bearable. The tone was fantastic though! Every sustained note turned into a harmonic. It kind of made me wish I got one (or even the tweed version) instead of my Laney .
Quote by Schwebel
Look into a Blackheart Killer Ant, or a Fender Champion 600/Gretsch G5222. 15 watts is going to be loud for a bedroom amp. Most of my 5 watters are actually too loud for bedroom playing. Although I think it really depends on your playing style, do you want break-up, or just clean tube compression?

As you see am a metalman xD

I want a tube amp to have better response with multifx instead of SS but don't want big volumes...

I also think of peavey royal 8
Yeah Blues Jrs are great at bedroom volumes, sounds gorgeous with a Strat.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by MetalMan-93
Does it can?
Can it does!

Tube amps are reputed to be 2.5x louder than a solid state equivalent of the same wattage. I personally think this is a bit of an overstatement. I crank my 15 watt tube amp at home all the time, though.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by MetalMan-93
I don't gig, and i want a tube amp that can have great quality and can stay in bedroom volumes..

I know that 15 are low but i saw in a thread that 18 tube watts are 50 SS!!Don't know if it's true. .

Does it can?

MM, are you playing metal?
if so then i suggest you dont bother trying with this amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
yeah....as I suspected there was no info on fender.com.

they are def out there. Keep asking or search up in top right as the NOS version may have different tubes. Otherwise, it is prolly all cosmetics.

Edit: wrong frickin thread

*copy/paste*

I think the NOS has the same specs as the regular except for the tweed exterior, as well as a Jensen speaker. (The standard has just a stock Fender I think)

I tried one in the store, and it sounded really nice. I think it got to about 4 on volume before I started disturbing the guy next to me.

If you think it is too loud, you could try the Fender Champion. It sounds pretty nice as well, like a Blues Junior Junior :P But I agree with the person above me; I don't think it can do metal so well. MAYBE wit a distortion or some type of boost, but most Fenders aren't really known for their metal tones.
Saint Louis Blues
Last edited by The Picker at Dec 6, 2008,
lol dude, i play a 40watt fender hotrod in a dorm room at decent playing volumes on a regular basis. you'll be fine
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by jj1565
MM, are you playing metal?
if so then i suggest you dont bother trying with this amp.

I sorta second this. stock, this thing wont do modern metal well at all. however, with a NICE distortion pedal (we're talking $130 minimum) it can get pretty darn good modern tones out of it (all provided that it's anything like the HRD)
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
I sorta second this. stock, this thing wont do modern metal well at all. however, with a NICE distortion pedal (we're talking $130 minimum) it can get pretty darn good modern tones out of it (all provided that it's anything like the HRD)

I have a Satchurator and with decent volume and a bit of gain from the Blues Junior, it pulls off some sweet metal tones.
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
I would not look at this amp if you're playing metal, it would really be a waste. For the same price and for bedroom practice I'd like at a cube 30x, or peavey vypyr 30 watter.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
PEOPLE SEE, I am not planning to get the amp alone. .Whats better: Multifx with an all tube amp or a cube SS that someone suggested??

I know that fender amps are not for metal but with pedals are..

eg. i play my ds-2 through a fender champion 60<- (i think) all tube at a studio and it makes awesome thrashy tone. . .

i will buy in xmas the amp and the multifx soon. . .
MetalMan - I didn't realize you played Metal when I made my post. Hummm...Kevin had some good suggestions.

What is your budget for said amp, what kind of metal do you play and do you gig? I forgot if you said already. Maybe you didn't.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
MetalMan - I didn't realize you played Metal when I made my post. Hummm...Kevin had some good suggestions.

What is your budget for said amp, what kind of metal do you play and do you gig? I forgot if you said already. Maybe you didn't.

I love Metallica, Slayer, A7X, Trivium, Iron Maiden...
In the other hand i love classic rock like GNR,AC/DC,Dire Straits, Led Zeppelin(a little)
and also doobie boys..

Budget: around 450-500 euros max.

I don't gig yet, roomplaying (low wattage)
Quote by The Picker

If you think it is too loud, you could try the Fender Champion. It sounds pretty nice as well, like a Blues Junior Junior :P But I agree with the person above me; I don't think it can do metal so well. MAYBE wit a distortion or some type of boost, but most Fenders aren't really known for their metal tones.

The Blues Jr doesn't sound anything like the Champ, I've got both. The Champ's much drier.

If you're planning on playing more than classic rock, get a different amp.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
The Blues Jr doesn't sound anything like the Champ, I've got both. The Champ's much drier.

If you're planning on playing more than classic rock, get a different amp.

i play metal moslty, i will use it with a multifx unit
Add in the money you want to put towards a multifx and the blues jr, how much is that? If you put everything towards the amp you'll be able to get an amp that can do the tones you want.
Quote by MetalMan-93

Look into the new blackstar ht5- head and get a used cab with at least a 1x12 speaker of good quality to go with it. Personally I think they are a bit too noisy, but for metal I'd say its a really good bet for room playing.
On the wattage subject. Dont know where your room is, but really 5ws are VERY loud for room playing, and the blues jr at 15 is seriously loud. I dont see you ever being able to get that past 30-40% vol at most. Think it would be a shame to throw an fx processor in front of the fender too. With the blackstar, you get more managable volume, and all the gain you could ever need. And as for the noise, most likely not more noisy than processors anyway

give the ht-5 a search on the forum. One user has several good soundclips of his ht-5 in action.

good luck
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
id vote for a vypyr or a cube. i use all my pedals with my Epi VJ head and the only way it sounds good is if i crank it and 5 watts is still too loud for bedroom playing imo haha.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by MetalMan-93

it's not just that.

blues jrs are not made for tht kind of thump.
the stock speaker and the amps voicing, just isnt ideal for that heavy tones.

so when you push it like that, the amp get's pissed off and rattles and just doesnt respond the way you want it to.

add a band to play over, (if you plan on playing wt others) and you're trying to make an apple into an orange.

imo, as someone who used to own a Bjr. if you want a blues, classic rock, some heavy stuff it's fine with the right pedals.

if you play metal, then get a used classic 30 or similar. around here, they run about $350 used, and are way better suited for that style of play.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Couldn't agree more jenny, without a tone cap swap the bass is pretty lacking.