I've written 30-40 songs(lyrics) and have music for about 15 but am completely out of ideas. I have some that are fingerstyle, ambient, general acoustic chords, and such. I just don't know where to go.

Does anyone have suggestions? Favorite tunings, favorite chords, suggestions to diversify my music and get my brain going again.

thanks
Quote by Matt Chavie
I've written 30-40 songs(lyrics) and have music for about 15 but am completely out of ideas. I have some that are fingerstyle, ambient, general acoustic chords, and such. I just don't know where to go.

Does anyone have suggestions? Favorite tunings, favorite chords, suggestions to diversify my music and get my brain going again.

thanks

Listen to genres you would normally throw a radio across a hallway if they ever came on. Seriously, if you want diversity that's the way to go. Get experimental, don't just follow norms.
i'm actually in the same boat.. but i just started actually writing my own stuff instead of just jamming.
My guess is to just try new things..
but my problem is what things to try?
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Work under gross restrictions frequently yield the most interesting inventions. In fact, often times resourcefulness translates directly into creativity. Try then to limit yourself to something truly and inseparably fundamental such as an arpeggio or a single scale, or a single type of modulation, or a single type of form or a single type of chord progression, etc. etc. etc.(I hope you get the idea) or any combination of the above. You may surprise yourself.
Have you tried some drone notes? Try something with a droning bass note for large chunks while double stops and melodies float around on top of the note. Try new melodies from different scales. Try borrowing chords from different keys and experimenting with ideas that are outside of a specific key centre or that create confusion around where the tonal centre lies.

I don't know just don't give up.

Good Luck.
Si