I'm not sure if this would be a problem or not so I'm just going to ask before I do it. I want to put the neck from my Squier jazz bass onto my Fender jazz fretless because the Squier is too heavy and I really love the neck on it. Would this be a problem? I wanted to check before I do it.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
If it matches up, then yea. but you also gotta get it set up or the harmonics will be amazingly out.

and the intonation might be a bit of a problem.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Why not just get a thick, wide strap? Like the Levy's Neoprene 3.5" one? You shouldn't have to switch necks. If that strap makes my 16lbs Precision feel weightless, it'll do the same for you.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
It's hardly about the weight, I just love the neck on the Squier much more then the Fender so I might as well put it on the Fender body and save a bit of money from buying a new neck, or strap for that matter.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)