i searched, google and UG, no luck

anyways, what are the pros and cons over having 4 pots instead of just two? this is for a double humbucker setup.

i mainly play alot of metal, but also some blues-like music.

im asking this because im thinking about converting my jackson from just two pots to two push pulls to practice wiring a guitar for homade project.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
simply there's more flexibility with separate volumes and tone pots. there's also more stuff that can get in the way of your picking hand if they're inconveniently placed.

sounds like a cool idea.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Personally I'm fine with 2 or 3 pots, so long as there are 2 independant volume pots. I don't care much for the tone knobs, they stay at full
ohai little sig.
More pots = more control, but I'm even fine with just one volume, the three on my strat makes me feel spoiled.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
awesome, ill do it. thanks guys
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
i'm a fan of 1 volume setups simply for the minimalistic-ness of it and ease of live use. no extra knobs to worry about = more time to focus on rocking out

plus i like the sound of humbuckers better with no tone pots.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Tone pots give you added control over your sound. Why anybody wouldn't want one is beyond me. With an HH set-up, you can set your tones independent of each other. For example, switching from a rolled back, thick jazzy/blues sound to a screaming lead with two tone is as easy as flipping your toggle switch, as your rhythm can be set to 6 and treble to 10 - you don't have to flip your switch AND turn your single tone pot.