Are they any good? I was thinking of getting a ValveKing 112, but my parents are gay so I have to pay with my own money (mind the fact that I'm 14). Do these amps sound similar to a ValveKing? And if they don't, do they sound OK?
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
Last edited by Drmmrboi180 at Dec 6, 2008,
I've got a transtube 110 efx (40 watt) 1x10 3 years old. It's not bad. fairly decent cleans. Compared to something like a POD the fx aren't that good, but adequate compared to other low cost SS amps. It's still my go to amp for jamming at friends houses especially if a drummer is present. It has no problem keeping up with that. Although the tone isn't to bad you'll never confuse it with a true tube amp.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
I've got a transtube 110 efx (40 watt) 1x10 3 years old. It's not bad. fairly decent cleans. Compared to something like a POD the fx aren't that good, but adequate compared to other low cost SS amps. It's still my go to amp for jamming at friends houses especially if a drummer is present. It has no problem keeping up with that. Although the tone isn't to bad you'll never confuse it with a true tube amp.

thanks
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
Most people will say get the Valveking, but for what you'd save with the Bandit I'd say the small offset in tone isn't a huge problem unless you plan to play at gigging volumes. If you're just a bedroom player/jammer rof now, then the Bandit is probably your best choice.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I think those Peavey Transtube amps are some of the best SS amps that you can get. They have a fairly decent tone, depending on how you EQ it of course.
Quote by TheGareth
I think those Peavey Transtube amps are some of the best SS amps that you can get. They have a fairly decent tone, depending on how you EQ it of course.

I do too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.