Have you ever drawn or painted a piece of art on your guitar?
Not just putting stickers on it, but actually painted it?

During the late 60's, when psychedelia was going popular, "everyone did it" as Jimmy Page used to say.
He himself painted a chinese dragon on his telecaster, Eric Clapton had the most artistic Gibson SG, and nowadays Kirk Hammet has a painted Ibanez.

I myself is bit of an artist and have been painting and drawing since I was a tiny little kid.
From Godzilla to James Bond, I liked drawing and doodled on everything.
When I make a piece of art the entire class goes nuts and starts praising me.
Peresonally, though, I think I'm a piece of crap as an artist, compared to all those art works I see on the web that were drawn by teenagers.

When I buy a guitar, I want to paint it when I know I'm going to buy an another one.

Have you done it?
If so, post a pic of it.
i havent myself, but i do have close friend did his, looks great, he did a les paul copy with the BLS logo , turned out really good, just make sure use right clear coats ect
im actually in the middle of making me a EVH frankenstrat, dno if that counts, but yeah later on i would love to paint my name or something on my guitar
Quote by arzhang
im actually in the middle of making me a EVH frankenstrat, dno if that counts, but yeah later on i would love to paint my name or something on my guitar

that counts, I guess
you wrap masking tape on it and spray red paint.

I personally don't like the design, but it's good that people do that to make themselves look iconic.

Did you take off the electronics and the neck off, so you wouldn't spoil them?
I painted my bc rich luminous orange, but i think in some states you can get shot for doing that...
Quote by feygor
I painted my bc rich luminous orange, but i think in some states you can get shot for doing that...

why?
orange is a great color, love orange
Quote by Jeroenofzo
Well, i guess daron from SOAD counts too, with his iceman?

who?
the guitarist from System of a down.

all his guitars have custom artwork on them done by his father
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by Hale_91
the guitarist from System of a down.

all his guitars have custom artwork on them done by his father

I wish my father did that... you know, he did graduate an art college in '72 you know?

Yes he was a hippie, he did have long hair, and he listened the hell out of Jimi Hendrix and Cream.
I painted my guitar to look exactly like George Harrison's psychedelic "Rocky" guitar. It came out mint. Everyone I know wants me to put it on ebay and sell it for two thousand bucks. I might just paint another one and do that.

To paint a guitar like Rocky you don't need special tools like a spray gun and compressor. George painted his with cheap paints (he even used nail polish!) and he used a brush. Paint away and have fun.
Quote by Hale_91
but did he smoke a tonne of weed?

He was born in 1947, and he studied in an art college from 1967 to 71.
That's all I'm going to say
Quote by radomu
He was born in 1947, and he blazed every day before going to class in an art college then ended the day with a few licks of LSD from 1967 to 71.
That's all I'm going to say

fixed

dude i painted my strat copys Pickguard with the japanese Rising Sun design.

pics are on my profile. it looks good but i ****ed up the electronics in the process
that's a yes then
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Quote by Tedward
fixed

dude i painted my strat copys Pickguard with the japanese Rising Sun design.

pics are on my profile. it looks good but i ****ed up the electronics in the process

u win
Quote by radomu
that counts, I guess
you wrap masking tape on it and spray red paint.

I personally don't like the design, but it's good that people do that to make themselves look iconic.

Did you take off the electronics and the neck off, so you wouldn't spoil them?

yeah mate for sure lol it would have been really ****ed up if i didnt lol

btw for anyone who can answer this, is their any special technique in painting pickguards or is it just spray painting over them?
Last edited by arzhang at Dec 17, 2008,
Quote by arzhang
yeah mate for sure lol it would have been really ****ed up if i didnt lol

btw for anyone who can answer this, is their any special technique in painting pickguards or is it just spray painting over them?

I want to put stickers, that's how I'm dull and unartistic
lol i am the least artistic person ever but i just saw the price for one and im like srew buying it im gonna paint me one