If you run it through a 4x12, does it make a significant difference to the volume of the amp? I'm thinking of getting once as a practice/jam in dorm head to go with whatever larger head I end up getting (against my better judgement, I'm looking used, but that's for another thread), but I'm worried that running the VJ through a 4x12 will mean I can't crank it past 3 or 4 in a small room, should I be?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
4x12 is louder than a 1x12... obviously
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
4x12 cabs aren't louder. They just sound louder and bigger due to the fact that you have more speakers.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
So if I got the VJ head, I won't be able to crank it in my dorm? Damn. I guess I may as well just get the combo then, unless I can find a cheap attenuator for my stack.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
http://www.amazon.com/Blackheart-BH1H-Killer-Guitar-Attitude/dp/B0013O95GW

You'd still be pushing it volume wise in a dorm, but you'll be able to obtain break up at a lower volume.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^Those cost $350AUD. I can afford a Legacy VJ clone at $200, but not that. I guess for now I'll just get a combo and practice with that until I can afford a good practice amp.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
They just sound louder .

That's the same as louder?
4x12 has more dB than a 1x12
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by IKnowItsWrong
That's the same as louder?
4x12 has more dB than a 1x12

yeah. approximately 6dB more, which is nothing. your ears perceive it as being louder because there's a more firm bass response and it's coming from a more widespread area.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.