im looking for a good wah pedal, distortion pedal, and phaser

i like playing hendrix and the chilli's so if the pedals were suited to them it would be awesome ( a little gun's n roeses too)

i was thinking

distortion : a boss ds-1 or a big muff pi
wah : crybaby
phaser : no idea

so help would be awesome, and what are you guys thoughts on the behringer tu 300 tuner pedal ? thanks
GEAR

customised westfield strat soon to be HH
MIJ 68'reissue strat from 1996

bunch of boss pedals
Here are my Recommendations:

Wah: Jimi Hendrix Wah Wah Pedal. My friend just bought one a week ago and it's tone is sick, especially if your a Jimi Hendrix fan.

Distortion Pedal: If you want REAL distortion I recommend a DigiTech Death Metal pedal, I have it, and it's got killer distortion, but if you want a less intense distortion I recommend a DigiTech Bad Monkey.

Phaser: idk, no clue. Have never used one.

Hopes this helps!
JOIN MY IRON MAIDEN FAN CLUB!!!! CLICK HERE!!!!!

My Gear:
Dean Baby ML Cowboy From Hell Finish
Dean M10 Amp
Digitech Death Metal Distortion Pedal
a crybaby is always a solid choice for a wah pedal. ive had one for 5 years, and it kicks ass. for distortion, get the big muff. the ds-1 is terrible. i bought it thinking it will sound great, and all i got was a thin sounding pedal with too much high end. for a phaser, the electro harmonix small stone is pretty good from what ive gathered.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
yeah but they're still good pedals imo, if not the bad monkey what about, the screamin' blues that one's pretty kick ass. but imo the death metal pedal has a high end distortion, for more kind of classic, rock, hard rock. the name really doesn't fit the pedal's sound.
JOIN MY IRON MAIDEN FAN CLUB!!!! CLICK HERE!!!!!

My Gear:
Dean Baby ML Cowboy From Hell Finish
Dean M10 Amp
Digitech Death Metal Distortion Pedal
Quote by Iron_Maiden§
yeah but they're still good pedals imo, if not the bad monkey what about, the screamin' blues that one's pretty kick ass. but imo the death metal pedal has a high end distortion, for more kind of classic, rock, hard rock. the name really doesn't fit the pedal's sound.

the death metal is not a classic rock distortion by any means at all and would totally suck for a hendrix or RHCP-ish tone.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I have a Vox Wah I like it has a cool growl (Their based on the ones produced in the late 60's)
Make sure you get true bypass on any wah you buy.

Distortion: If your mainly practicing then a moddling peadal like the DigiTech DF-7 Distortion Factory might be good for what you want, or a fuzz like a fuzzface
Last edited by Glavinage at Dec 6, 2008,
for a wah, the hendrix crybaby or one of the vox wahs would be good since youre not going too high-gain. though frusciante uses an ibanez wh-10, if you can find one for ebay and want fru's wah tone, go for it
you should maybe be looking into a fuzz pedal if hendrix-type stuff is what youre playing. chili peppers use a lot of cleans really though

and for sure, upgrade your amp first if youre using a "crappy starter amp" like your sig says
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Try out a MXR Distortion.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by nightraven
^ the vox v847 (which i think you're referring to) is an excellent pedal, i love mine, but they're much more suited for clean tones and the funkaliciousness. not so much the distortionesque stuff threadstarter's into.
+1 on getting a fuzz face though. don't get caught into getting one of the cheap reissues, they're abysmal. you could look into making your own or buying a DIY fuzz face from ebay. they're the easiest pedals to build.

+1 for the DIY fuzz face

I like the Vox wah for Hendrix and stuff, not sure how much gain the Chili Peppers use, what I like by them dosn't sound to high gain though, and rather funkalicious.
for distortion it depends what amp you use - if you want to run into the clean channel because you have a solid state amp, or want to switch between clean and distortion, get the big muff. If you have a tube amp and normally use overdrive and want to rough up the sound a bit get the boss DS-1 because it's amazing for that but absolutely abysmal into a clean channel.

phaser would definitely be the EHX small stone - maybe the nano version.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Build a silicon fuzz face, get a Vox V847, and get a Nano Small Stone.

But before all that, get a new amp. And NOT a Vox AD50.

You live in Scotland, look into Laney VC15s and VC30s. If you've got a crap amp, the effects will sound like crap too.

Don't get the Digitech Death Metal, or the Jimi Hendrix wah. Maybe get a Bad Monkey to boost the drive channel on a new tube amp.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
strangely i just noticed that frusciante of the chili peppers uses the big muff pi
it'd probably be capable of a good hendrix fuzz tone and some classic rock sounds too.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
strangely i just noticed that frusciante of the chili peppers uses the big muff pi
it'd probably be capable of a good hendrix fuzz tone and some classic rock sounds too.

It wouldn't do Hendrix all that well, or Classic Rock.

He's best off getting a new amp and building a Silicon Fuzz Face, having his guitar volume at 7 for Hendrix, then rolling it upto 10 for Chilis.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
It wouldn't do Hendrix all that well, or Classic Rock.

He's best off getting a new amp and building a Silicon Fuzz Face, having his guitar volume at 7 for Hendrix, then rolling it upto 10 for Chilis.

yeah youre probably right. just suggesting the thing thatd be closest to doing "all-in-one".
you suggested a laney amp ? i need an amp that can do bedroom practise and gigs, other wise il have to use my crappy starter amp as a bedroom amp
GEAR

customised westfield strat soon to be HH
MIJ 68'reissue strat from 1996

bunch of boss pedals
Quote by higgy30
you suggested a laney amp ? i need an amp that can do bedroom practise and gigs, other wise il have to use my crappy starter amp as a bedroom amp

the laney VC30 can do gigs and sounds pretty good at bedroom volumes too.

I can assure you that it's loud enough for gigs because it's much louder than my rocktronic tube 30 which was used for a small theatre gig on thursday night, which i thought was far too loud on the night.