Progressive post hardcore/screamo band.

Really, really good.
They're sound, at least to me, is very original.
The lyrics are absolutely great
And their guitar parts are pretty damn good to.

I haven't heard any re used lines of lyrics. There is pretty much no choruses, some talented stuff.

Check them out.
Talk about them.
I really don't like them, and they sure as hell aren't pop punk or emo. There's probably a thread about them in the hardcore section.
These guys are amazing. They use guitar for melody rather than vocals which is original. The lyrics are used more rythmatically. It's really good stuff but you have to open your mind up to accept it. Def not for everyone. Also people who are into Coheed might get into La Dispute because their LP is basically a story; the retelling of an old Asian folktale.
La Dispute is a great band, they are also all really cool guys. They are really big in my local music scene so I've seen them a lot live and their shows are amazing. Their musical style really has started to be adopted by many other bands in the area. I think most people have a problem getting passed just how harsh the vocals are but, if you can, or more if you understand why they are that way you realize just how creative they are. If you ever see them live though everything about them just makes sense, they have so much energy in concert, and their singer gets very emotional. It all just makes sense.
If I check these guys out and don't like them I'm gonna be pissed. AP compared them to At The Drive In and two other awesome bands I can't remember.
la dispute is amazing. i actually just got back from their show. extremely talented, creative, and individual guys. really nice too.
I only listened to one song on myspace (Said The King To The River) and it was pretty meh. The vocalist sounds like a more annoying version of Aaron Weiss and the instrumentals are boring.
Quote by saxaxe
I only listened to one song on myspace (Said The King To The River) and it was pretty meh. The vocalist sounds like a more annoying version of Aaron Weiss and the instrumentals are boring.

I did the same thing. I have the same opinion... though I pegged the vocalist as an annoying version of CBZ.
The more I listen to it, the more I like it. I'd almost call them a mewithoutYou rip off, but only sometimes. They've got a somewhat unique sound, or at least moreso than we usually hear.
They're a superb band. Originality in spades, and none of the bands they've been compared to in this thread really do them justice. I'd compare them more to Thursday. Very mature lyrics, traditional themes but written in a very adult way, songs about failed marriages and all sorts, with lots of underlying themes throughout.

Instrumentally they're nothing amazing but solid, they seem to love a 7/8 time signature, which makes for some interesting little twists and turns musically here and there, and the vocalist always keeps his lines in time with them, which is touch considering just how many words they fit into a 4 minute track.

They're a talented young band with a unique sound and a great take on the post-hardcore scene of today. I'd compare them, as I said, to Thursday more than anyone else, both vocally and musically, and with the sheer intellect that goes into their lyrical content and storybook-style track arrangement.